Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Card not arrived

• phil 27 posts

Card approved Monday 28th March – still not received by 8th April (although PIN received earlier this week). Phoned to check to see if had been dispatched. Told it had been posted on 30th March. Asked for a new one to be sent out, but the advisor didn’t know if he could do that??!!! Had to finish the call with him saying he’d do his best. I had to ask him to open a formal complaint if he couldn’t send out a new card.

I’m totally astounded by the awful customer service. I am sure enough cards get lost in the post for there to be a simple established process for customer service reps to follow. How difficult can this be?!

slliw 16 posts

Similar boat, it took me 90 mins on the phone to finally get someone to mark the card as lost and dispatch another one. They said as the card was new and never activated the option to replace it and auto generate a new one doesn’t exist. Finally got another dept to do it. They said it can take up to 10 business days to arrive.

I never received the pin so maybe add an extra 10 business days to that as well.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    AndyGWP 275 posts

My pin arrived today. Allegedly sent on 30th March at same time as card too… we’ll see!

slidey 286 posts

Ive had the pin and the email telling me to activate the card that also mentions the last 4 digits of the card number, but theres no sign of the card.

Have this lot appointed creation to run things? 🙂

MikeT 2 posts

Same position. Card approved on 28th March without a glitch. No card nor pin received? Several emails the last one of which asked me to activate card. I am not yet ready to wait 90 minutes on a phone call to chase my own tail, so I will probably start down the complaint route, I hope I can do that by email. 2 weeks in I will probably have been charged £20 with no ability to use card to achieve 3 month spend levels.

slliw 16 posts

Similar boat, it took me 90 mins on the phone to finally get someone to mark the card as lost and dispatch another one. They said as the card was new and never activated the option to replace it and auto generate a new one doesn’t exist. Finally got another dept to do it. They said it can take up to 10 business days to arrive.

I never received the pin so maybe add an extra 10 business days to that as well.

The replacement card arrived this morning with the original pin. If you were accepted on the 28th of March and your card hasn’t arrived try giving them a call and see if they can reissue it. I was told lost replacement cards are sent out as top priority (i reported mine lost on the 7th and the new one arrived today the 10th) You should know which card arrives first as the last 4 numbers will change which they should give you on the call.

Registered on the app and website with no issues, just need to do a chip and pin transaction to make sure everything goes smoothly. I Can’t seem to be able to activate the free Apple free trial for Apple News, keeps saying ‘error come back later’ which is the only one I actually wanted

sapphire21 6 posts

Reassuring to see I am not only one in his position but still very frustrating.
    Barclaycard clearly have a problem – received my pin 4 days ago but still no card!! Can’t activate account till have card so round in circle we go !!

phil 27 posts

I just rang again, and the very helpful rep was able to confirm that yesterday’s rep didn’t actually manage to arrange for a new card to be sent. She was quickly able to confirm that the card would be dispatched on Monday to arrive on Thursday – which fits in with one of the other cards above.

PS – I am getting the same issue as slliw where I cannot activate the Apple news trial. Looks like there are lots of things for Barclaycard to get on and fix!

dutchy 9 posts

Applied on the 28th, still no card so contacted them via the chat function in the app. Agent said they could not help and I said I needed to call. I asked if the chat agents had a different system to phone agents and they confirmed it was the same. So was being fobbed off. I’ve not cancelled the card without ever getting it. There is no excuse for bad customer service and incompetence. So my relationship with Barclays is over before it’s started

slliw 16 posts

I just rang again, and the very helpful rep was able to confirm that yesterday’s rep didn’t actually manage to arrange for a new card to be sent. She was quickly able to confirm that the card would be dispatched on Monday to arrive on Thursday – which fits in with one of the other cards above.

PS – I am getting the same issue as slliw where I cannot activate the Apple news trial. Looks like there are lots of things for Barclaycard to get on and fix!

I have received my replacement card and the original pin. If the card is marked as lost, they send out another one as top priority so you should receive fairly quickly.

I was able to resolve the Apple news by going into the Barclays app and using the direct links from within the App. You will need your card for this though.

mxo 15 posts

Not received my card either. Received the PIN a few days ago. Meanwhile, have already been charged the monthly fee. Surely the monthly fee, and the countdown to the spend target, should only start once you’ve actually activated the card… Contacted customer service on their chat, they were hopeless.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

They don’t seem to want to budge on the spend period – we didn’t even ask for an extension when we complained about the issues with the card and they managed to include a paragraph in their response telling us we still had the same amount of time to do the SUB spend! However, we’ve already hit both targets due to some well timed financial commitments so it doesn’t affect us.

andeh3 14 posts

I’ve not got my card yet either (signed up on 28th). I’m just going to spend the sub amount and cancel, from this and everything that’s being said.

NunoBettencourtsPinky 107 posts

Applied and accepted on 28th March. Pin arrived on Thursday this week, but still no sign of a card.

Clearly all these cards can’t be lost in the post.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Lets not forget this also happened to the first wave of applicants from Feb 28th and 1st March.
    Took 2 weeks (or more in some cases) for the cards to arrive, in vandalised envelopes, followed by numerous issues.

Given the experiences faced by player 2 (applied 28th March), it looks like some issues persist.
    When does ‘teething trouble’ turn into unacceptable incompetence?

Lee 6 posts

Adding my name to the list of cards that haven’t arrived either. Accepted on 30th March, PIN arrived yesterday but still no card. It’s ironic getting emails from Barclaycard telling me to activate the card. A bit difficult to activate when they can’t even send it!

If this is what to expect going forwards, it doesn’t bode well for the future.

rahaney 44 posts

+1

Think Barclaycard need to conduct a review on when & where cards were actually sent. IMO highly likely cards were marked as dispatched but are still in the manufacturing queue…

slliw 16 posts

+1

Think Barclaycard need to conduct a review on when & where cards were actually sent. IMO highly likely cards were marked as dispatched but are still in the manufacturing queue…

Call up and get them to report the card as lost, that will auto generate a replacement that gets sent out by priority post. That’s how I got mine within 3 days. It’s a bit silly but this is Barclays we are talking about, gotta walk backwards to move forward.

rahaney 44 posts

+1

Call up and get them to report the card as lost, that will auto generate a replacement that gets sent out by priority post. That’s how I got mine within 3 days. It’s a bit silly but this is Barclays we are talking about, gotta walk backwards to move forward.

I will if it doesn’t arrive tomorrow. Can you let me know the correct number to ring to get a replacement?
    Ta,

Ant68 56 posts

Applied 4th April, got 5 day referral message, heard nothing since.

rahaney 44 posts

Success Data Point!

Applied and accepted 28th, in app on 30th alongside Premier Account. Card arrived this morning 11th… so 10 working days or 2 weeks total for the wait.

iamlost 108 posts

Success Data Point!

Applied and accepted 28th, in app on 30th alongside Premier Account. Card arrived this morning 11th… so 10 working days or 2 weeks total for the wait.

Exactly the same for me.

rahaney 44 posts

Also, rang today and hopefully getting the monthly fee refunded that they took last week. Can’t do anything about the start date on the tracker however …

Sam 96 posts

Success DP too. Applied on the 31st after waiting for dust to settle, card turned up today. Process was as smooth as you would expect under normal circumstances

Lee 6 posts

Success DP too. Applied on the 31st after waiting for dust to settle, card turned up today. Process was as smooth as you would expect under normal circumstances

Interesting, you applied after me and got your card before me! Still no sign of mine, probably gone into the black hole with all the others that haven’t arrived.

Reading all of the comments over the last couple of weeks doesn’t fill me with any confidence in using this card (if and when it arrives). Luckily I still have my other Barclaycard to fall back on as I didn’t need to cancel it!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.