Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Cash advance through Curve

• masaccio 721 posts

Have had no problems so far with Curve and Barclaycard. Currently using it to get the £3000 bonus on OH’s card.

Going away in a couple of weeks. What’s the latest experience of cash withdrawals against Barclaycard with Curve Metal? Will they be free or charged by Barclays as a cash advance?

duke 41 posts

Thanks for highlighting, ill let barclay card know…

masaccio 721 posts

What’s that supposed to mean?

Carlos 758 posts

What’s that supposed to mean?

what do you mean what’s that supposed to mean?

Jan M 58 posts

Also not been charged when I tried, but obviously Barclays would be within its rights to do so, and as the other respondent implied, posts like this raise awareness of the issue and only make it more likelier that it will charge in the future.

masaccio 721 posts

If I have misinterpreted a comment as a snarky tone then sorry for that. HfP suffers a fair bit from Somebody on the internet is wrong so it’s hard to tell.

As for whether Barclaycard might be unaware of the use of Curve and rely on forum posts, I think they have much better data than that. My transaction logs for starters.

Rui N. 831 posts

Do not feed the troll.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.