Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Concorde Room guesting – are babies “people”?

• alig4th 322 posts

An odd question.

I know, if you’re flying First from Heathrow T5 you can guest someone into the Concorde Room. Does the same apply to under-2’s?

If I and my elder son fly in Business, but my wife and under-2 go First, can we all go in to the CCR (her guest-ing my me and my under-2 guest-ing his brother), or do only over-2’s get to “guest”?

NorthernLass 7,591 posts

This sounded a very existential question, lol. I think the baby would at least have to have its own seat if it were to have guesting privileges.
    But really, you and your son should take responsibility for the baby and let mum enjoy some peace (and LPGS) in the CCR!

The Savage Squirrel 571 posts

Although existentially and legally, yes they are, I think in airline terms we only become fully formed people at age 2 😀

Anna’s suggestion is exactly correct.

alig4th 322 posts

Thanks for your thoughts, but anyone have any T&C they could point to, or first-hand experience?

To be honest, I am having trouble finding the BA T&C about guesting full-stop (when not specifically related to status, which is on – https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/tiers-and-benefits/lounge-access)

Also, I’ll ignore the implication that the mother deserves a break over the father, given I’m the main care-giver at the moment, because I know it was said in jest 🤪

Michael C 668 posts

Still think Anna’s right, but if baby has exec. club nº, might have a bit more of an argument.

NorthernLass 7,591 posts

Well, mum could guest you into the CCR then take herself off to slum it in Galleries with the kids, I am an equal opportunities joker! Or you could take turns having a stint in there, if you have enough time.
    Seriously though, your wife could call You First (one of the best things about F) and ask, or you could throw yourself on the mercy of the lounge staff on the day. They might never have been asked this before!

Tracey 211 posts

Arguably if the under 2 has a first class ticket they have guesting rights. Though it may be that the under 2 needs to guest a parent in order to be supervised amongst the alcohol.

alig4th 322 posts

Arguably if the under 2 has a first class ticket they have guesting rights. Though it may be that the under 2 needs to guest a parent in order to be supervised amongst the alcohol.

This is my thinking but, as suggested earlier, I’ll try calling the First Line (although, if I haven’t got the tickets yet, will they help? Rhetorical, I’m gonna try)

Gary 293 posts

Impressed with how one sold the idea to essentially staff to fly F with the baby, and the rest would compromise and sit in business. Wish it had dawned on me earlier!

JDB 4,384 posts

This sounded a very existential question, lol. I think the baby would at least have to have its own seat if it were to have guesting privileges.
    But really, you and your son should take responsibility for the baby and let mum enjoy some peace (and LPGS) in the CCR!

I think my wife would have agreed with you. It also feels like a nice gesture and probably rather less stressful than having two very small children in the CCR which is intended to be rather quiet grown up space.

As a general concept, having more and more people trying to shoehorn themselves into what were civilised places is greatly devaluing the currency.

alig4th 322 posts

…probably rather less stressful than having two very small children in the CCR which is intended to be rather quiet grown up space.

As a general concept, having more and more people trying to shoehorn themselves into what were civilised places is greatly devaluing the currency.

If it doesn’t work out we may all just fly F anyway. So no need to “shoehorn” anyone anywhere (although IF we’re allowed a guest we won’t be “shoehorning” anyone) and all of us, including our small children, will be able to enjoy the space.

KimK 9 posts

Just what people in the lounge want whilst relaxing…babies and children.
    Not for me.

alig4th 322 posts

Not for me.

Not sure you’d have much say in the matter, unfortunately, if we’ve got a ticket/guested in.

Gary 293 posts

Not for me.

Well anyone who has ever been knows there are a lot of them for better, for worse.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.