Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Change BA flight for free on day of travel

• MiddleEngland 26 posts

It appears that on a CE revenue ticket that you can change flight FOC on day of travel if on same route and there is availability. Can this be done online or do you have to call? Flying CTA to LGW later this month.

e14 259 posts

You can do same day change (SDC) to any other flight on the same route online (this is for CE and Economy Plus fares) – I don’t think you can change the date

MiddleEngland 26 posts

Thank you e14

memesweeper 1,255 posts

Same day starts at one minute past midnight if you don’t mind competing with all the must-book-my-Avios-seat callers to the foreign call centres.

SamG 1,644 posts

In theory you can do it in the app or the website once midnight ticks over. Don’t do online check in. Not sure how robustly it works though!

memesweeper 1,255 posts

In theory you can do it in the app or the website once midnight ticks over. Don’t do online check in. Not sure how robustly it works though!

I’ve always called or done it at the airport. Terrified it would check me in for the wrong thing if I did it online!

Luca M 391 posts

Same day changes for only same route/same day would be a bit pointless for origin like CTA as there is only one flight a day right now

Gavin454 159 posts

I’ve done it many times online or via the app, usually at 00:01. It’s very easy and takes no longer than a minute.

Vit 158 posts

Hello, a year later here me asking same question. Sorry. I assume SDC only applies to BA flight(s) and not IB+BA? Looking at MAD-LHR-EDI as hoping to get home a bit earlier. Was looking to book 2 BA legs but T&C don’t really state that I can change on same the same day… hopefully someone with experiences can help please.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,083 posts

Yes BA only.

Also ONLY simple point to point flights.

MAD-LHR-EDI even if all on BA SDC isn’t available (as it’s not a simple point to point and you can’t just change one leg.

Vit 158 posts

@BAFIHGS thank you for this. I think we will just stick with EZY with 11hrs long layover rather than risking it as it is not in a single ticket with our incoming flight.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Resurrecting this again! We are flying AGP-LHR-MAN tomorrow and BA changed the first leg, adding 2 hours to our wait at LHR. Would same day change work on the LHR-MAN leg? It’s an avios booking in economy.

JDB 4,374 posts

Resurrecting this again! We are flying AGP-LHR-MAN tomorrow and BA changed the first leg, adding 2 hours to our wait at LHR. Would same day change work on the LHR-MAN leg? It’s an avios booking in economy.

The same day change policy only applies to revenue tickets and point to point itineraries (ie not connections). BA might of course still help you out, but as a matter of goodwill rather than policy.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Many thanks – it’s not a big deal, would have just been nice not to have the extra wait!

Michael C 671 posts

Many thanks – it’s not a big deal, would have just been nice not to have the extra wait!

2 more hours of bacon sarnies, Anna! Hope Málaga trip has been great; always thought it was
    pretty vivible as a city!

The real Swiss Tony 654 posts

And am I right in thinking it has to be the same airport, so they won’t let you swap LHR for LCY sort of thing?

JDB 4,374 posts

And am I right in thinking it has to be the same airport, so they won’t let you swap LHR for LCY sort of thing?

You will usually need to call to swap airports (particularly on departure from the UK) because the ticket may need to be re-issued rather than just re-validated as the TFCs vary by airport and there may also be a fare difference to pay if changing airports.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,083 posts

Correct.

If you want to change airport you’d need to pay both change fee and fare difference – you can do this online.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

@Michael, we’ll be too late into LHR for bacon sarnies, sadly ☹️. Might be able to have lunch AND dinner in Galleries though 😂

It’s been lovely and all too brief, ticked a couple more things off the list but this whole region is an absolute treasure trove of fascinating things!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.