Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Changes to the 24h full refund cancellation policy? Or am I confusing myself?

• BajiNahid 167 posts

Hi guys,

I was about to book a flight on the BA website and i am sure before covid19 there was an option given by BA where you would receive a full cash refund if I cancelled within 24 hours. Is this still the case? It is because i am currently reading the policy on the BA website and it states you can only cancel within 24 hours for a full refund if you have made a mistake.

I can bluf it and say a mistake was made, however am I just misunderstanding the policy here and it should be fine to request a full refund regardless of circumstances by telephoning BA only.

ChrisC 956 posts

Yes it was a pre covid policy and still in place

I don’t recall ever been asked what ‘mistake’ I had made to justify rhe cancellation.

memesweeper 1,256 posts

No justification required. All the phone agents know the policy. They even apply it after 24 hours if you couldn’t get through on the phone in my experience.

BajiNahid 167 posts

Thanks guys i really appreciate it a lot!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.