Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Confusion over Emirates My Family account

• DonLee 214 posts

Seeking help for using Emirates My Family account. Unlike BA household account, I feel it’s quite complex and not clear.

I plan to book a MAN-DXB cash economy flight for 3 of us then upgrade to business use miles. I have pooled all our Skywards into family account so we could use them together.

On their website it’s clearly says
    You can spend the Skywards Miles pooled in your My Family account on Classic Reward flights, Upgrade Rewards prior to flight departure‑excluding instant upgrades (on‑board), Cash+Miles as well as donation of Miles. Skywards members can also redeem Miles on Retail & Lifestyle partners and Skywards Exclusives events.

But their Auto upgrade terms and conditions also state
    Auto upgrades are not applicable for redemptions from My Family group account.

sarajw 2 posts

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

I HAVE THIS EXACT SAME QUESTION!!!!!!

How do you even use the miles in the family account??? It keeps telling me I have zero miles ( which is my personal balance) but I don’t know how to use the ones in my family account. Beginning to wish I’d never gone for the family account – just thought it would be similar to the BA one which we have used successfully for years!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Carlos 758 posts

dont rely on auto upgrades
    call them instead

meta 1,441 posts

I don’t think it works like BA. Any points earned prior to creating the pool don’t count and you have to set the percentage of contribution for each member.

You can dissolve the family account easily online.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Benilyn 150 posts

How to redeem with Family Account here: https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/emirates-family-accounts/

Auto upgrades you can not do online from family account, as far as I can see, need to call.

Benilyn 150 posts

Ideally you book the Y cash flights that already have space available for upgrade, so just upgrade immediately after booking. Maybe do it all over the phone.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.