Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Corporate codes for personal use

• 09R 49 posts

My employers travel portal has a section for personal travel where they provide us with corporate codes that we can use for personal travel at most of the big global hotel chains including Marriott.

I’m looking at a particular hotel and when I apply the code, 2 rates come up but one is significantly cheaper. The cheaper one says the following in the rate information “Special corporate rates are valid for company employees business use only”. However the code provided by my employer says it is for personal use. I’m just wondering how strict the hotel could be on this and how they would even knew if I was there on business or for pleasure?

Thanks!

gtellez 162 posts

I use my corporate code all the time. Any hotel has ever asked me proof of it. You could always show your corporate card to proof you are an employee, how are they going to know if you are working or on holidays?

iamlost 108 posts

Is the hotel in question a Marriott? Since late last year, I’ve started seeing two corp rates at many Marriott properties – one the same as before, and a much cheaper one called ‘Project Rate’. I’ve yet to be challenged on my use of the Project Rate!

e14 261 posts

Exactly the same for IHG, two different rates mostly one with breakfast (often cheaper) and one without. We are actively encouraged to book corporate rates, I assume providing I carry my work ID card I will not encounter any problems.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.