Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Creation Financial Services bashing

• John 1,000 posts

Is there anyone here who still has an open Creation IHG card and *has* received points after October 1st?

Yes, I’ve been spending on my card and receiving IHG points every month, last transfer 24 Jan. So that message from IHG is bull.

memesweeper 1,248 posts

Is there anyone here who still has an open Creation IHG card and *has* received points after October 1st?

Yes, I’ve been spending on my card and receiving IHG points every month, last transfer 24 Jan. So that message from IHG is bull.

It might be the date the marketing partnership ended, or the date of notice of termination, or something else entirely. I’d imagine an arrangement like this will have a notice period long enough the parties can fulfil obligations like free night vouchers.

TGLoyalty 514 posts

As we know from Past hilton and IHG cards terminating a relationship doesn’t mean the complete end especially straight away.

wideboys182 23 posts

Yeah but it is a grey area as I have further receive this so does this mean ALL cards will be closed in the foreseeable future:

“ I’d like to confirm that the credit card affiliated with IHG is already closed and as of now we do not have credit card offered for members residing in the United Kingdom. All existing credit cards for Creations has been closed as well. ”

Rui N. 831 posts

The cherry on top would be that Creation was so incompetent that they weren’t even able to identify all IHG card customers in order to close all IHG cards.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

Well this is interesting as IHG came back to my query. Quicker than expected stating

“ I received your email about Creations Finance that is no longer our list of providers. Partnership with Creations Finance and IHG Rewards has ended effective October 1, 2021. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. Should you need further assistance in regard to this matter, you may contact Creation Customer Service at 0371-376-9214.”

Well if this is true all the more reason for peeps like me who still have Creation cards to keep hammering them hard!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    NorthernLass 7,534 posts

Clearly even if the Creation/IHG partnership did end (very, very quietly!) in October, there is nothing stopping Creation transferring any points earned since then to IHG, and IHG applying them to people’s accounts. But @wideboys182’s email sounds like it was written by someone whose first language isn’t English, so I am wondering if they are simply referring to individual partnerships, i.e. certain customer accounts? After all, it was reported here and elsewhere that only a minority of customers were binned last October.

It’s all very odd, anyway!

John 1,000 posts

Clearly even if the Creation/IHG partnership did end (very, very quietly!) in October, there is nothing stopping Creation transferring any points earned since then to IHG, and IHG applying them to people’s accounts. But @wideboys182’s email sounds like it was written by someone whose first language isn’t English, so I am wondering if they are simply referring to individual partnerships, i.e. certain customer accounts? After all, it was reported here and elsewhere that only a minority of customers were binned last October.

Perhaps it was when they ended the partnership to issue cards, but creation took a bit longer to get the message

HughM 70 posts

My Creation IHG premium card continued to transfer points on in-hotel spend with IHG until last December. It was only the points on spend elsewhere (most of them!) that stopped in October. So the ‘partnership’ is still alive.
    I continue to hold the Creation IHG non-premium (free) card and will check if points are still coming across to IHG.

HughM 70 posts

Yes, free Creation card still crediting points to IHG (last on 27 January).

ryaneberry 50 posts

My black card still posting points (5 figures monthly) in early Feb

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Well this is interesting as IHG came back to my query. Quicker than expected stating

“ I received your email about Creations Finance that is no longer our list of providers. Partnership with Creations Finance and IHG Rewards has ended effective October 1, 2021. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. Should you need further assistance in regard to this matter, you may contact Creation Customer Service at 0371-376-9214.”

FYI IHG reached out to us to let us know that this is incorrect – Creation IS still a partner of IHG.

SteveJ 979 posts

FYI IHG reached out to us to let us know that this is incorrect – Creation IS still a partner of IHG.

So we’re now at the stage where IHG CS is as useless as Creation CS!

tw33ty 186 posts

Gets stranger by the day.

I have a feeling that with the new changes coming to ihg, that in Q2 there might be something new credit card wise from ihg.

Maybe it’s just hope, but with the changes to the tiers, there would have to be changes in the cc white and black benefits.

Tom2 113 posts

So IHG are monitoring this thread closely enough that a post from Friday has them reaching out by Monday morning…

If that is the case i wonder why they haven’t made a statement about the way loyal IHG customers are being treated by their maybe partner, maybe ex partner, Creation?

Rui N. 831 posts

And not only that, Creation is blaming IHG and telling that the issues are a result of the IHG Rewards Club T&Cs.

tw33ty 186 posts

if I was ihg I’d be monitoring it, the amount of negative feeling it has generated for customers of ihg and therefore potential loss of revenue, you bet if I was ihg social media manager or whatever the correct term for them would be, then I’d be reading to get the customers view.

After all, coming onto these forums is an easy way for companies to find out things cheaply and quickly, without having to send surveys or have focus groups and the likes, takes very minimal effort.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

So we’re now at the stage where IHG CS is as useless as Creation CS!

Surely never in doubt!

Aston100 1,388 posts

if I was ihg I’d be monitoring it, the amount of negative feeling it has generated for customers of ihg and therefore potential loss of revenue, you bet if I was ihg social media manager or whatever the correct term for them would be, then I’d be reading to get the customers view.

After all, coming onto these forums is an easy way for companies to find out things cheaply and quickly, without having to send surveys or have focus groups and the likes, takes very minimal effort.

I don’t think this forum fully represents the masses though.
    Wasn’t there some talk last year about only a couple of thousand Creation accounts being shut down or something like that?

harley 109 posts

Complaint response came back today ( took over 100 days) saying they will not award any points nor any c@shback to the summer promotion, basically no point me raising it with them as got zilch, raised case with FOS last month. Begs the question why they kept asking for more time when it was just a clear time wasting exercise on their part

Aston100 1,388 posts

Begs the question why they kept asking for more time when it was just a clear time wasting exercise on their part

Because that is almost certainly what it is all about.

Economist_Nearby 18 posts

Has anyone established whether the accounts that were closed were used for manufactured spend or Curve transactions?

JerrySignfield 101 posts

Has anyone established whether the accounts that were closed were used for manufactured spend or Curve transactions?

Seeing as Creation are not giving an explanation the answer is no, however Curve is obviously the main reason.

Economist_Nearby 18 posts

Seeing as Creation are not giving an explanation the answer is no, however Curve is obviously the main reason.

I wondered if it was apparent from this thread?

Rui N. 831 posts

When the letters were issued a few months ago, on the discussion on the daily chat threads the common theme seemed to be that people have used their cards with Curve, even if that has happened a couple of years in the past. Some did MS, but some did not, simply used Curve.
    There were also a couple of reports of people that got their cards cancelled even without using Curve (including someone who had used their new card just once or twice), but those were the outliers. The common theme seems to be Curve link indeed.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.