Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Credit of Finnair flights to BAEC

• PB2 198 posts

Anyone have any recent experience of how promptly Finnair flights credit Avios and more importantly TP, to BAEC these days? Finnair website/app worked very well in terms of BAEC status recognition and oneworld benefits, so hopefully well integrated?

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,080 posts

seems to be slow.

Several threads on the BA flyer talk board with peoples experiences (I.e. slow)

PB2 198 posts

Thanks. Funnily enough Monday’s AGP – HEL just posted. 140TP 😉

BJ 657 posts

It varies, 1-2 weeks but it can be a little faster or slower. I credit mine to Alaska MP as business earnings are 300% in most fare classes and rewards are not liaded with surcharges (at least for the moment).

PB2 198 posts

Interesting thanks – my booking was I bucket (looks like just a 125% earn rate on Alaska in this case), and with current BA silver it makes sense in my case to credit to BAEC for ground benefits (it was a business light fare) and bonus status Avios. Also need the TP in pursuit of BA Gold. Out of interest assuming you’re Europe based, do you aim for OW status with Alaska or just divert some flights there when it makes sense? As it’s a different reward currency, difficult to directly compare earn rates (for me at least!), unless reward rates follow same % rules. If going for status with them it appears to require a few sectors on their aircraft too which wouldn’t naturally fit for me. Thanks.

BJ 657 posts

If BA status us of value to you then I agree that it is best to stick with BA. I’m EDI-based but don’t value status as my long-haul flights are in business and I only have a few short-haul flights from EDI each year which are mostly EasyJet or other direct carriers. Alaska works well for me on regional travel within Asia on JL, CX and SQ. Also hope to use CX to NZ and Europe but it’s all a bit uncertain at the moment as a full OneWorld award chart is supposedly due and it may well herald major changes and devaluation.

PB2 198 posts

Interesting, always good to think outside the box!

Niall 112 posts

Recent experience was 5 days and this was consistent with the latest I saw in flyer talk.

PB2 198 posts

Yep – if of interest to any others, all 4 recent Finnair flights posted about 12noon exactly 5 days later. Whilst on the topic – recent iberia mainline flights have been posting automatically after 3 days or so. However I fly a lot with iberia express too, booked via iberia – these all seem to require a partner claim after 7 days. After claiming all have been successful this year, one was actually approved and credited the same day, but on average the Avios appear 4-7 days after claim.

MrNick 8 posts

5 days for my November flights

MrNick 8 posts

Having said that my November flights posted after 5 days, my December return flights have still not posted after 8 days. Now filled in an online claim form.

Harry T 96 posts

Every finnair flight I’ve taken this year has posted to BAEC without issue within a few days of travel.

Harry T 96 posts

Every finnair flight I’ve taken this year has posted to BAEC without issue within a few days of travel.

BJ 657 posts

Posting time varies by parter airline, BA is usually quick, others less so. I think Finnair pages suggest allowing two weeks before raising a missing points query but my recollection may be wrong. Are you sure flight is booked into the class you think it is?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.