Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Crossrail / Elizabeth line to open Tuesday 24th May

• ChrisC 956 posts

Slightly annoyed that T5 gets only two trains an hour and there’s no scope for improvement when the project is complete next year.

Thankfully Elizabeth line trains appear to be timetabled much like the HEX ones so you can get a sense whether you’ll be waiting for 25 minutes or just 5 before you make a decision to go towards the platforms.

T2 is such a superior terminal in terms of connections (and pretty much everything else, I think)…

But there will be 4 additional CR trains from T2/3 and T4 so it may make sense to take the first HEX from T5 to T2/3 and change there for the addtional CR trains.

ChrisC 956 posts

Through running to LHR starts on Sunday 6th November!

Trains from Abbey Wood will through run to LHR (or Reading) from then.

If you are coming in fron Shenfield it will still require a change but as Shenfield trains will run through to Paddingdon that switch can be done anywhere in the central section remaining on the same platform – no Liverpool Street platform Shuffle

The line will also start running on Sundays from 6th November.

Likely Bond Street will open the same date though TFL are saying ‘by November’

Not clear when it starts (but will be sooner than November) service will commence from 05.30 instead of the current 06.30 meaning easier early morning access to LHR.

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/articles/elizabeth-line-to-run-through-paddington-and-liverpool-street-from-november-56947/

Carlos 758 posts

The shuffle across platforms for Shenfield based trains (at Liverpool St.) is so annoying, ruins the swift journey experience chugging luggage across for 15 mins

redlilly 110 posts

The shuffle across platforms for Shenfield based trains (at Liverpool St.) is so annoying, ruins the swift journey experience chugging luggage across for 15 mins

I did the Paddington shuffle last week to test how long right now it takes to get from Tottenham Court Road to Heathrow via the Lizzy Line (instead of the express). Complete farce. One end of the station to the other, and around hoarding. Wouldn’t know how a disabled or elderly person could cope with it. Bring on the start of November. Will pay the extra for the express in the meantime.

Kuestrian 57 posts

Did the same test last week and it was a breeze, no hoarding to navigate and less than 2 minutes between HX and EL platforms.

It was so easy that we’ve now gone for the £5.50 singles for our return from LHR in January, as we figure it will be quicker in that direction due to having to change for the Shenfield line anyway.

Nate1309 60 posts

Is the line West Drayton to Tottenham Court Road up and running? Can I just tap in and out with my Amex?
    I’m going to london next month and was going to park in west Drayton and use the new Elizabeth line.
    Unless that’s a rubbish idea?

Kuestrian 57 posts

You can get the EL from West Drayton but will have to change onto the ‘other’ EL at Paddington, as described above, until November when the trains will run all the way through.

And yes, you can just tap in & out with your Amex.

Nate1309 60 posts

Thanks

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.