Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve being rejected when paying off Amex?

• slidey 287 posts

Is anyone having issues using Curve metal to pay off amex plat? When attempting to pay it instantly says to check the ccv is correct and fails. This happens when using an underlying card or using curve cash. Paying off a different amex card on the same acct works tho so Im not sure where the problem with this would sit.

memesweeper 1,256 posts

If you’re using the website, try the app, or vice versa. They seem to have independent bugs in the payment flow.

Simon de Scoob 18 posts

Is anyone else still having paying Amex off via Curve?

Been doing it successfully for years, but no dice in the last few days.

I have tried both app and multiple browsers, but keep getting the “transaction failed” error message.

Anyone else?

Carlos 758 posts

Is anyone else still having paying Amex off via Curve?

Been doing it successfully for years, but no dice in the last few days.

I have tried both app and multiple browsers, but keep getting the “transaction failed” error message.

Anyone else?

Same issue a few days ago, no longer works

John 1,000 posts

Oh well another route closed. I wasn’t even using it to manufacture points, I was just using curve to route money from a non-UK debit card as it is better for me that way than sending the money to my UK account

Mick S 271 posts

worked fine for me a few mins ago. Just make sure fronted is on before you enter the verification code.

JerrySignfield 101 posts

works fine, most likely the underlying card

slidey 287 posts

Remove your card and re-add it, worked for me to resolve the original post.

SteveJ 979 posts

Oh well another route closed. I wasn’t even using it to manufacture points, I was just using curve to route money from a non-UK debit card as it is better for me that way than sending the money to my UK account

If that’s the only purpose then Wise may be a better / more reliable option.

Crafty 150 posts

Remove your card and re-add it, worked for me to resolve the original post.

Thanks. Was having trouble, but tried this after seeing your post, and it’s also worked for me.

Simon de Scoob 18 posts

Mick S | JerrySignfield | slidey,

Many thanks for the above replies.

Annoyingly, with Fronted on and also having removed, then re-added, my Virgin CC, still I get “transaction failure” error messages on the Amex site. I get this with my Virgin AND my Hilton HH credit card, so I don’t think it’s the underlying cards as both work fine in other settings.

Seems strange… I’ll have to hope that there might be gremlins afoot at the Amex end.

DarrenS 91 posts

Mick S | JerrySignfield | slidey,

Many thanks for the above replies.

Annoyingly, with Fronted on and also having removed, then re-added, my Virgin CC, still I get “transaction failure” error messages on the Amex site. I get this with my Virgin AND my Hilton HH credit card, so I don’t think it’s the underlying cards as both work fine in other settings.

Same for me

hodlthemiles 2 posts

Been told by customer service that Curve are having a ‘known issue with 3DS affecting customers’ – not just limited to Amex but in my case, any transaction above £100. No resolution time provided.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.