Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve changes from November 10th

• ZW 30 posts

Some reddit people have stated they did £3k fronted at beginning of March and did a test transaction after the announcement and it had no fronted fee. Could be that the limit is reset today, then reset again 1St April.

I’ve used up my 3k front last week. I just did a test with front on, and got charged 2.5%. So had to GBIT..

teddyboy 15 posts

Some reddit people have stated they did £3k fronted at beginning of March and did a test transaction after the announcement and it had no fronted fee. Could be that the limit is reset today, then reset again 1St April.

I’ve used up my 3k front last week. I just did a test with front on, and got charged 2.5%. So had to GBIT..

New terms apply “as of 21 March 2024”, so should already be in effect. It sounds as though they are treating early March transactions as part of the March ‘Calendar Month’, even though the transaction occurred under the old terms. The change from rolling 30 days to calendar month is still a major improvement.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

No email from them yet, but just got a “terms” update in the app.
    A long read, but specifically on the 1k ATM and 3k Fronted, it now says “per calendar month”, not “1st of month”, and effective from today, 21st March.
    I cant remember what it said before, was it “rolling 30 days”?

When you get the email it will say something along the lines of

“Some months have more than 30 days, some months have less – it can be hard to keep track. So we’ve listened to your feedback and will now reset your limits on the first of every calendar month. Easy!”

Harrier25 852 posts

What a bizarre, messy and confused product Curve has become.

gill321 35 posts

Can I just confirm that I can use my metal curve up to £5000 a month free outside of UK/EU in addition to my £3000 allowance a month in uk

You are confusing diff limits. 5k is for international funding – using non uk or non eu cards.

Thanks for that.

So basically I can spend £3000 a month with no charges on my metal other than ATM withdrawals which I don’t want to do. I think I was confused with someone saying they use it abroad all the time and saves them money – assume they don’t spend £3000 a month in UK 😀

NorthernLass 7,592 posts

£3k is just the fronted limit on metal, foreign spend is separate.

phantomchickenz 315 posts

Can I just confirm that I can use my metal curve up to £5000 a month free outside of UK/EU in addition to my £3000 allowance a month in uk

You are confusing diff limits. 5k is for international funding – using non uk or non eu cards.

Thanks for that.

So basically I can spend £3000 a month with no charges on my metal other than ATM withdrawals which I don’t want to do. I think I was confused with someone saying they use it abroad all the time and saves them money – assume they don’t spend £3000 a month in UK 😀

My interpretation is you can spend £100k without fees in any currency, during the week. This also includes weekend spend in GBP, USD, or EUR.

You will still be charged 1% for weekend transactions outside of the above three currencies.

redethernet1 89 posts

“Some months have more than 30 days, some months have less – it can be hard to keep track. So we’ve listened to your feedback and will now reset your limits on the first of every calendar month. Easy!”

No, the previous 30 day rolling thing had nothing to do with month ending in 29 or 31 days.
    Seriously, who writes their comms? Sounds like a 5 year old

Also I don’t trust them when they say they listen to our feedback.

RobL 72 posts

Used up my 3K Fronted allowance on 29 Feb.
    Made a small test payment using Fronted today with no surcharge applied.

Reney 768 posts

No, the previous 30 day rolling thing had nothing to do with month ending in 29 or 31 days.

actually think some people in this thread almost got caught out by Feb being a shorter month. As some people work on I do my transaction on the e.g 15th of the month. Which is a problem when there is a shorter month. I’m not surprised if some people have complained.

redethernet1 89 posts

actually think some people in this thread almost got caught out by Feb being a shorter month. As some people work on I do my transaction on the e.g 15th of the month. Which is a problem when there is a shorter month. I’m not surprised if some people have complained.

The problem arises if you dont constantly do the back to back fronted, for example say you take a 2 week gap/break (I mean do people even have lives) – you cant make up for it, you will be paying for the next month.

rams 223 posts

Made last £3k fronted transaction on 22nd Feb. Saw email and made £3k fronted transaction today. £18.75 fee which is odd as implies they’ve charged 2.5% on £750. They are such a shambles

BBbetter 641 posts

You probably misunderstood their reason. If someone made a payment on 15th Feb, they might think next payment on 15th Mar should be ok unless they remember Feb had 29 days. What they wrote is reasonable, though whats happening in practice is a question.

Nick1066 7 posts

Apologies if this has been put up somewhere else but Curve have finally reimbursed my fee for £1000 worth of Fronted payments made on my Legacy Black card ( a CS person told me it was free!). A new CS person has given me the current rules which I had not found sadly. It might be useful for others with Legacy Black. https://curve.com/en-gb/legal/terms-black-legacy/

Harrier25 852 posts

Is the page your link goes to meant to be blank?

Harrier25 852 posts

Works on laptop but not phone. Look like old terms though and no mention of fronted limits.

Nick1066 7 posts

Really? Jeez, nothing is joined up at Curve Towers. I’ve just GBIT up to 90 days and they’ve allowed it. Now off to try an ATM transaction…… maybe even a tiny Fronted one just in case.

Harrier25 852 posts

From my recent experience, the Curve Black Legacy terms mirror the current paid for Black card terms that were put in place mid November…so up to £1,000 fronted and up to £500 cashpoint withdrawals monthly.

stfred 4 posts

Getting all transactions, instore/online/contactless, declined all of a sudden since last night. Anyone else?

Lumma 14 posts

Getting all transactions, instore/online/contactless, declined all of a sudden since last night. Anyone else?

Yes me too. I switched to a new phone yesterday and was thinking it was that but logging back in on my old phone hasn’t helped. No response from their legendary customer service as yet.

There’s no notification at all on the phone, but I can still go back in time on previous purchases at the moment

stfred 4 posts

My experience is 99% the same as yours. GBIT capability still there. The new phone aspect may be a coincidence. When I opened the app yesterday at 730pm, it weirdly asked me to log in again (been using same phone for ages). Logged in Ok. Then did a large supermarket shop and paid using Curve chip & pin at 7.45pm. After that every single and every type of transaction declined.

NorthernLass 7,592 posts

Can anyone confirm Fronted has reset today?!

Roberto 283 posts

Can anyone confirm Fronted has reset today?!

I was just thinking the same.. Curve says that the reset will happen on the 1st but of course that could be 23:59 tonight..

I have made an executive decision to wait until tomorrow.

AndrewT 74 posts

After you 🙂

The app is still reporting spend in the last 30 day window for the elements it tracks, so no clues there.

ZW 30 posts

3k front rest worked for me.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.