Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve daily limits

• jj 520 posts

Not seen this mentioned anywhere, but Curve has increased the standard daily spending limit to £7,500 from £2,000. The relevant help page was last updated 6 days ago, and, frustratingly, my payment of a large USD hotel bill was stymied by the limit 8 days ago (yes, I know that was a weekend with additional charges, but needs must).

Despite my slight irritation at having missed the cut-off by one day, that’s a massive improvement. I’ve several times had to persuade hotels to allow me to pay in instalments to overcome the old daily limit.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Have you tried requesting Curve? My limit was 9k long back and 20k now.

lambshank13 53 posts

Thanks for this.

I’ve just checked on the app and my daily limit has increased from £4,500 to £15,000.

John 1,000 posts

Ooh, £12k here now. Had 9k previously but my card expired and they posted a new one, when I activated it the limit became 2000.

Only time I tried to spend over 3k in one go was when I was buying a car, but my underlying card rejected it… But accepted the transaction when I used it directly 2 minutes later.

jj 520 posts

@BuildBackBetter, I make extensive use of Curve Fronted, and I have always doubted the wisdom of raising my head above the parapet by asking for a larger limit.

JDB 4,379 posts

My daily limit is now £15k vs £9k without asking.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

Mine has been 20k for a while. I just make sure it is used at least once a week, on a mix of spends.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.