Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Delays with Amex supplementary card bonuses posting

• Y.in.the.sky 37 posts

I saw someone post about this recently, but is anyone else finding supp bonuses are taking foreever to arrive? Have been waiting on gold business 3k supp bonus for over 2 months. Usually this takes a couple of days at most. Similar problem on BA Blue Amex, over 6 weeks so far.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Scott 240 posts

Yes, delay here for Gold and BAPP. I believe some people have had it added manually after the 90 days are up.
    It has been pointed out that the T&Cs do now state bonus will not be awarded if it has been granted previously (i.e. it reads as if it’s now once only per account holder, rather than per specific card, as previously.) Whether enforcement of this term is the issue, I don’t know.

Entitled 68 posts

You are not alone. I recently went about 70 days before they posted automatically on a Plat.

Andrew J 769 posts

Everything seems to have slowed down hugely on Amex – offer credits now routinely taking weeks to credit.

Ladyshopper 110 posts

Also waiting, been just over a month so far and no sign.

Blindman67 135 posts

Mrs B is still waiting for the 3K Avios

Rang last week for another matter and then asked where it was.

CS said it would credit 28 days -from Nov 26-Which was 91 days AFTER the SUPP had been applied

Tomorrow is 28 days since Nov 26th

Wonder what excuse they’ll come up with when it does not post.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Jase 20 posts

Anyone got there points yet?

truthbetold 130 posts

just ring them and they will post – many links don’t give 3000 points – it’s no longer the norm IMHO. I think they have stopped posting them unless you chase!

SteveJ 978 posts

They’re really poor on chat, keep rolling out the “wait 90 days” rubbish… Even in one instance where it had been 91 days!

GE90 12 posts

Also waiting. Supplementary Platinum issued end of Oct 2021, at the start of November I’m told that the bonus would be added within two billing cycles, and a few days ago when following up told to wait 90 days from issue date. Not impressed.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

I applied for a supp last September, waited 4 weeks, then was told 60 days, then was told 90, still nothing so had to start yet another chat at which point they applied them manually. It does make you wonder if they’re hoping people won’t chase it up.

cabal of rabid baboons 108 posts

I cancelled my platinum as a result of the delay, after trousering the retention bonus of course

CH 16 posts

Slightly random question on this… has it so far known to be 90 days max from application of the supp, not activation of it, is it?
    Trying to decide on whether to hang on for another month, or cut the loss and run/cancel now (!)

Benilyn 150 posts

FWIW I haven’t received a supp bonus in prob last 6 months or so, and have applied for it several times. I don’t bother chasing.

strickers 651 posts

I chased several times and after 90 days they credited it manually.

Jase 20 posts

stickers over chat or phone?

strickers 651 posts

stickers over chat or phone?

Chat

Blindman67 135 posts

delted. Wrong reply

Blindman67 135 posts

Mrs B is still waiting for the 3K Avios

Rang last week for another matter and then asked where it was.

CS said it would credit 28 days -from Nov 26-Which was 91 days AFTER the SUPP had been applied

Tomorrow is 28 days since Nov 26th

Wonder what excuse they’ll come up with when it does not post.

The answer is in this thread. #302280
    https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/amex-offers-and-customer-service-gone-to-the-dogs/page/2/#post-302280

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

I’m still waiting for 5k on Sinead’s Business Plat supp, although I suppose its only been a month so based on these reports ….

rams 223 posts

nLinked but not supported bonus – slow to pay out shop small and a Nov purchase from Selfridges. I was slow to pick up the lack of £50 credit. Glad I checked

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

My wife is missing a £50 Harrods cashback payment but I am going to sit out the 90 days because I think I’m just wasting my time pushing it before then.

rams 223 posts

I assume a lot of this is on purpose to curb people cancelling cards early.

Jase 20 posts

Business platinum – rang yesterday chasing 5 x 5000 points 91 days after application they were added today

SteveJ 978 posts

I assume a lot of this is on purpose to curb people cancelling cards early.

I’m beginning to think it’s on purpose hoping people forget. Like @Jase I also waited out 91 days with no supplementary card bonus being added. So it’s often not even triggering in their advertised timeframe.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.