Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Delays with Amex supplementary card bonuses posting

• chrischris2202 29 posts

Silly question: is the bonus for adding a supplementary card to your account an ongoing benefit or an offer for a time period? Just got my Platinum today (yay) and wanted to add the Miss but noticed no bonus points available.

SteveJ 979 posts

Silly question: is the bonus for adding a supplementary card to your account an ongoing benefit or an offer for a time period? Just got my Platinum today (yay) and wanted to add the Miss but noticed no bonus points available.

Ongoing, you must apply via this link. 5k in your scenario. Don’t add the supplementary at the application stage:

https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/benefits/supplementary-cards/

alig4th 322 posts

30 days chat, told to wait 90. 91 days apologetic (ish), but refused to be drawn on why it hasn’t triggered, said would be sorted 7-10 working days. Will not hold my breath. Have not used my card since 11 Nov, and did get chat agent to state categorically that, once the SUP triggers and transfers to Avios, I can cancel the card and get pro-rated refund backdated to 11 Nov as long as I don’t use my card after that date (got the chat ref). I’m expecting a fight, but I’ve got it in writing!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    alig4th 322 posts

Update: chased today (11 days). “Could see an open case”, credited instantly. Did not give an answer when asked what went wrong (“could have been a number of things”). Would not offer any compensation for the delay/my time chasing their bad IT.

TGLoyalty 536 posts

My wife is missing a £50 Harrods cashback payment but I am going to sit out the 90 days because I think I’m just wasting my time pushing it before then.

Was it online or Instore?

GillyDee 92 posts

DP – Supplementary bonus for Plat added today together with the 60k for reaching the £6000 spend…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.