Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Discount for multiple rooms at IHG hotels?

• dst87 264 posts

At what point is it worth contacting a hotel directly to make a group booking? I’m sure it depends on the hotel, but would be interested to hear any experiences.

I regularly organise a handful of rooms for a quarterly event (normally only 4 or 5 rooms). Is that a level where any hotel is likely to offer a better rate? I’ve assumed not (previous rooms just booked online) but maybe I’m a mug for not asking?

STEPHENADARGLAS 2 posts

This is an opinion not based on fact however it would be good to ask just for peace of mind if nothing else. In the past asking has worked for me in Las Vegas however it’s down to how many rooms are empty in the hotel at the time. They all have to reach targets.

dst87 264 posts

This is an opinion not based on fact however it would be good to ask just for peace of mind if nothing else. In the past asking has worked for me in Las Vegas however it’s down to how many rooms are empty in the hotel at the time. They all have to reach targets.

That’s a fair point, thanks! Doesn’t hurt to drop them a message and see what they can do. 🙂

The Savage Squirrel 570 posts

At what point is it worth contacting a hotel directly to make a group booking? I’m sure it depends on the hotel, but would be interested to hear any experiences.

I regularly organise a handful of rooms for a quarterly event (normally only 4 or 5 rooms). Is that a level where any hotel is likely to offer a better rate? I’ve assumed not (previous rooms just booked online) but maybe I’m a mug for not asking?

I’d definitely be Emailing. x100 if it’s a recurring booking at the same hotel every time; 20 room nights per year recurring is not megaVIP but not trivial either – certainly worth keeping you happy, for a small/mid sized property anyway. Every sensible hotel LOVES predictable regular repeat custom. Even if you’ve just found a better rate at a third party site and Email reservations, they’ll almost certainly match it direct.
    I’ve had my own room free or even just had my own room upgraded to an embarrasingly nice room/suite (compared to what I booked, and what everyone else therefore got 😀 😀 ) when booking blocks of around 8-10, for example.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.