Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Does anyone have an Asia Miles account with 89k points or more that can help me?

• goldengirl22 45 posts

Hello,

I am able to select my ideal flights on the Asia Miles award flight redemption page, but when I go to ‘complete’ the booking, as I have no points in my account, it won’t let me go past it. It shows me my selected flights are a total of 89k points but not what the taxes and fees I’d have to pay are. Can anyone have a look for me? I would be super grateful! The flights in question are:

LHR-MEL Feb 25th 14:15-23:20(+1) Qatar
    SYD-LHR Mar 17th 22:20-15-00(+1) Cathay Pacific

Thank you in advance!

GE90 12 posts

goldengirl22 45 posts

Thank you so much!! That is approximately £700, which is still a bit but better than £1000.

Could I possibly ask you for another favour please? Would you be able to look up the miles + cash redemption for those flights and the following flights, to see what kind of discount 90k points gives?

LHR-MEL FEB 25th 11:15-23-00(+1) Cathay Pacific
    SYD-LHR MAR 17th 22:20-15:00(+1) Cathay Pacific

Thank you in advance.

GE90 12 posts

Thank you so much!! That is approximately £700, which is still a bit but better than £1000.

Could I possibly ask you for another favour please? Would you be able to look up the miles + cash redemption for those flights and the following flights, to see what kind of discount 90k points gives?

LHR-MEL FEB 25th 11:15-23-00(+1) Cathay Pacific
    SYD-LHR MAR 17th 22:20-15:00(+1) Cathay Pacific

Thank you in advance.

Of course:

Only the fare component (£352) can be discounted using miles. While this is a better redemption rate than the full award booking, personally I wouldn’t go for it. You’re getting a £352 saving for 58413 miles which would be worth at least £380 if cashed out via Nectar.

goldengirl22 45 posts

Thank you so much for looking. It’s quite terrible how low the fares are and how high the taxes are! No wonder reward redemption is terrible here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.