Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Does BA Silver allow business class check-in for guest?

• gavman99 22 posts

I’m BA Silver and I’m travelling EDI to LHR later today with hand luggage only. I’m travelling with a colleague who doesn’t have BA status and they are checking in a bag. We are both flying on an economy ticket.

I know my Silver status gets both us through fast track security and gets both of us into the BA lounge, but can they use the business class check-in queue as my guest even though I’m not checking in a bag?

Thanks.

yonasl 954 posts

Yes, even if not on the same booking just walk with them to the Business Class counter and there should not be an issue.

gavman99 22 posts

Thank you !

harley 109 posts

Check in will be fine but regarding the bag am not sure which fare type you have, if its hand baggage only then obviously cant check in the bag even with silver benefits as does not apply to HBO

memesweeper 1,255 posts

I know my Silver status gets both us through fast track security and gets both of us into the BA lounge, but can they use the business class check-in queue as my guest even though I’m not checking in a bag?

Yes. Just walk together to the desk.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.