Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Does Barclaycard Avios bonus exclude a BAPP bonus in future?

• smdntn 2 posts

I’m a standard Barclaycard holder (Barclaycard rewards), and looking to change to the Barlaycard Avios fee free (although only receive 1000 points). But it seems better value and a no brainer than holding the standard rewards card.

I’m also hoping to apply for the Amex Gold for some bonus points in the first year and no fee. Do most my spending on here and transfer Amex MR to Avios.

At somepoint, I’d then like to consider owning the amex BA premium plus card. My question is, does holding the Barclaycard Avios exclude any bonus on the Amex BAPP in the future?

(I know some cards exclude bonuses, but presume it’s where the cards are in the same family e.g. AMEX MR, AMEX Avios, Barclaycard Avios).

Rui N. 831 posts

No. Two different companies.

aq.1988 454 posts

If you do want to get the Gold and the Amex BAPP, then make sure you get the Gold first, as that way you would be eligible for the sign up bonus on both the Gold and then eventually the BAPP. If you took the BAPP first, then you would not be eligible for the SUB on the Gold.

Reney 768 posts

Why not close your Barclaycard whilst working on your Amex gold, after 6 months you should qualify for the bonus?

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Why not close your Barclaycard whilst working on your Amex gold, after 6 months you should qualify for the bonus?

Need to wait 2 years for SUB on Barclaycard

aq.1988 454 posts

Need to wait 2 years for SUB on Barclaycard

I thought it was 2 years if you had the Barclaycard Avios, but if you have a regular Barclaycard (non-avios), then it would be 6 months if you then took out the Avios card?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.