Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Earning tier points

• avythos 43 posts

Potentially flying to SHA in May looking to boost my Virgin tier points.

Flying economy delight should get me 50 tier points each way (100 total) and 17k points. If I upgrade to premium it mentions 50+ tier points. Is that each way and on top of the 50 earned in H class each way so a total of (200 tier points or only 100 or 150?) plus the lower 11k points.
    200 tier points potentially worth considering but not if its less it seems to me.

Is there a better sky partner to earn tier points on perhaps?

pushkar 15 posts

Unfortunately yes. Economy Delight is a good way to boost the tier points. Premium (non-refundable i.e. H class) get the same amount as Economy Delight but less miles… The only way to get more on Premium is to book the refundable ticket (W/S).

avythos 43 posts

Yes I realised the tier points were the same but it was Virgins ambiguous wording when they upsell you : implying either you don’t get tier points with Delight or you get extra with Premium but as you say both give 50 each way.

Economy Delight Flex
    All the benefits of Economy Delight, plus:
    Fully refundable
    Unlimited changes (fare difference may apply)

or
    Premium
    Extra large leather seat
    2 x 23kg checked bags
    100% points + 50 Tier Points

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.