Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Easiest way to get to £10k spend on BAPP

• jh785 4 posts

Hi newby q… could I buy loads of supermarket vouchers to get to be bonus £3k spend in 3 months and get the 70k points? And can I do the same to get to the 10k companion voucher spend?
    Or any other ideas like top up Amazon balance, top up octopus energy balAnce etc? Think I’ll get to the 3k with car insurance and holidays coming up but May need a small top up. And certainly will need help to get to the £10k for companion voucher.
    Thanks.

FatherOfFour 281 posts

All of the above are fine.
    If your council accepts PayPoint for paying council tax, that can work too in stores that take Amex through their normal tills. Co-op is the oft-cited example. Bit of a faff though. In my experience it’s 50-50 whether the staff do it right.

SteveJ 979 posts
    atcoloz 31 posts

Octopus is a good shout. I cancelled my direct debit and just top it up using the Amex card. £250pm, not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but it all helps!

Rui N. 831 posts

You shouldn’t cancel as you get small discounts with a DD.
    Just set it at £1.

jh785 4 posts

Thanks all. What is the link to apply for the BAPP card and get the 70k points?
    Because there’s a few links flying around and some people have only got the 35k points. And do you need to be logged into your BA executive account?
    Thanks

SteveJ 979 posts

Thanks all. What is the link to apply for the BAPP card and get the 70k points?
    Because there’s a few links flying around and some people have only got the 35k points. And do you need to be logged into your BA executive account?
    Thanks

Read this thread
    https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/70k-or-35k-amex-ba-offer/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.