Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards End of IHG Premium Credit Card Reward Night?

• JohnS 3 posts

I still have the old black IHG premium credit card that offers a reward night each year if you spend £10k on the card. I’ve noticed under the “offers” tab of the website that the Premium Credit Card Free Night Offer is due to end on 31st July 2023. I was aware that the credit card is closed to new applicants, but does anybody know if they will be closing the credit card in July 2023 (or offering anything else in return for the annual fee)?

alig4th 322 posts

What website is this? I can’t see anything on my logged-in Creation account, and nothing on the IHG website

JohnS 3 posts

Sorry, I should have said that it’s under the offers section of the IHG Rewards Club website:
    https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/gb/en/account-mgmt/offers

alig4th 322 posts

Oh yeah, good spot. Better hit my £10k spend v well in advance of my September anniversary so they can’t try and avoid giving my my voucher

Rui N. 831 posts

Narrator: they’ve avoided giving alig4th their voucher

alig4th 322 posts

Ha ha. Possibly! Just thinking about the experiences of all those that had their accounts summarily cancelled by Creation previously having paid the fee but didn’t get their voucher.

If they advertise the card to me in September as “spend by [September] to get the voucher [in September] and then turn round in July and say “actually, promotion is over, no voucher, but we’re keeping the £99 fee” I won’t be happy. Especially as I’m using the last two vouchers I got for two £2000 a night rooms.

memesweeper 1,256 posts

Very good spot. I think many of us speculated the great account close-down of last year was the beginning of the end for the relationship between IHG and Creation — that’s a racing certainty now.

SGJNI 69 posts

Just when Diamond was getting to be fun/worth it at 40 nights! I for one will not keep Diamond without the extra card points. Any chance of a replacement do you think?

kwho 62 posts

Sorry, I should have said that it’s under the offers section of the IHG Rewards Club website:
    https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/gb/en/account-mgmt/offers

I cannot see it on this offer page. Anyone else showing on their screen? Screenshot?

TGLoyalty 536 posts

Wouldn’t read too much into it

strickers 651 posts

Doesn’t show in my account.

SGJNI 69 posts

I have just received an email from Creation for my black IHG card to tell me I have been paid cashback for the month?????? When I look at my statements, this happened last month as well but I have never had it before that?
    Is this related to the loss of the free night certificate or is there some other reason which has until now passed me bye? I have not had this in the past I’m sure.
    My “offers” page on my IHG account suggests that the certificate “offer”, is ending July 30, 2023. Strange.

strickers 651 posts

The same thing is now showing on both my wife’s and my IHG accounts.

sarallennie 1 post

Mine say 31 Dec 23

duke 41 posts

Can never seem to find these really high value room redemptions for my voucher

Lady London 2,054 posts

Ha ha. Possibly! Just thinking about the experiences of all those that had their accounts summarily cancelled by Creation previously having paid the fee but didn’t get their voucher.

If they advertise the card to me in September as “spend by [September] to get the voucher [in September] and then turn round in July and say “actually, promotion is over, no voucher, but we’re keeping the £99 fee” I won’t be happy. Especially as I’m using the last two vouchers I got for two £2000 a night rooms.

For any newer readers with the IHG card, 48 pages of Creation trying to slither out of meeting promises in their card agreement here https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/creation-bashing/page/48/

QFFlyer 156 posts

Can never seem to find these really high value room redemptions for my voucher

I used my last one at IC Hayman Island (Whitsundays, QLD Australia). The base rooms are an insane $1,000 or so per night. During COVID and being unable to lease Australia, it was the closest thing to overseas, I was very grateful (Norfolk Island too, but I digress, no IHG properties there!).

The rest of the week I managed to get on points, was 70k per night at the time, but always seems to be 100k+ now.

alig4th 322 posts

For any newer readers…

Exactly my thinking. But, similar to many in the thread, I also will not be giving up the fight if they try to pull some of their rubbish on me

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.