Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Housekeeping Error Looking at Old Pages of “Recent Topics”

• Chas 143 posts

IGNORE – the moment I posted this it seemed to rectify itself, despite me checking several times before posting!

Rob / Rhys / Sinead

When looking at the the Recent Topics page, I can only see pages 1 and 2 correctly. If I try to navigate to any of the older pages I get “404 Page Not Found” error.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    TGLoyalty 529 posts

You see more than one page on recent topics?

Chas 143 posts

Yup – don’t you? Both above and below the Topics are “1, 2, 3….. 41, 42, 43”

fw 16 posts

It’s confusing, on the Forum Homepage there’s a tab for Recent Posts which only has one page, and then a button (next to the ‘Account’ button) which gives you the paginated version.

TGLoyalty 529 posts

Gotcha I’ve only been using the forum homepage one

Chas 143 posts

It’s confusing, on the Forum Homepage there’s a tab for Recent Posts which only has one page, and then a button (next to the ‘Account’ button) which gives you the paginated version.

That’s really odd, as I get the option to view multiple pages when I access the Recent Posts list from both links.

Tracey 212 posts

When I click next page it went to page 2. Clicking either the ‘3’ tab or next page arrow I get error 404.

Tracey 212 posts

…and then the next time it works. call it an intermittent error.

fw 16 posts

That’s really odd, as I get the option to view multiple pages when I access the Recent Posts list from both links.

Good chance that when your web browser flushes its cache it will disappear, since the current CSS file hides the pagination. (Either that or mine’s cached, but I’ve tried clearing it again and it’s still not there)

If you’re using Chrome on a desktop/laptop, you can use CTRL(CMD on Mac)-Shift-R to clear the cache and refresh the page.

Chas 143 posts

…and then the next time it works. call it an intermittent error.

I’m glad it’s not just me – thank you for making me feel less foolish!

Chas 143 posts

Good chance that when your web browser flushes its cache it will disappear, since the current CSS file hides the pagination. (Either that or mine’s cached, but I’ve tried clearing it again and it’s still not there)

If you’re using Chrome on a desktop/laptop, you can use CTRL(CMD on Mac)-Shift-R to clear the cache and refresh the page.

Using Safari on Mac – sounds like one time where refreshing the cache is best avoided, as I don’t want to lose that functionality. Making a note here for future reference that the url ends “forums-recent-topics/page/3/” for page 3, etc….

fw 16 posts

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. It’s only hidden on the homepage tab. You can still go through pages on the ‘Recent Topics’ button next to your profile 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.