Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors UK executive lounge offerings – who is doing what?

• AlanC 27 posts

Some lounges are running at pre covid service offerings. Some are not even re opened. My highlights recently have been the HFP favourite Bankside and Edinburgh Carlton.
    Your experiences??
    AlanC

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Peggerz 99 posts

Glasgow Hilton lounge open and good service. Wine & beer at weekends with snacks. Spirits too Mon-Thu.

cabal of rabid baboons 109 posts

Malta – excellent
    Conrad St.James – quality but minimal nibbles
    Bankside- cheap and cheerful

MrHandBaggageOnly 12 posts

The Cardiff Lounge was open last Monday. Coffee Machine was broken (although repaired whilst I was there) and the first plug socket I tried to use didn’t work, but the second on the other side of the room did. A comfortable place to work or relax for an hour or so. I left before the wine came out and I saw bottles of Carlsberg 🙁 being brought in.

However, I was much more impressed by the pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room which I was totally unaware are behind the gym! Well worth making time for. Staff across the property all very friendly, including the maintenance guy. Good recognition and upgrade as gold.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    ee 48 posts

Agree with the comments on Malta.

Doubletree Tower Bridge is open 6-8pm with beers, wines and nibbles which were constantly replenished. Lounge was small/busy but staff encouraged people to take the offerings outside and sit in the bar.

Bartinbrook 8 posts

Used the Bankside lounge last night for the first time (it’s been closed due to you-know-what during previous stays). A nice looking, comfortable lounge with lots of seating. Decent hot and cold self-serve food offering. Drinks poured by very pleasant members of staff, who also came round offering top-ups.
    Downsides were lots of kids, who were mostly well behaved (I guess due to it being Christmas week) and a few people who don’t seem to realise that things called headphones have been invited and so insist on the rest of us having to listen to their Facetime calls, games and videos #selfcentred

Carlos 758 posts

Why are lounges closed or running a reduced service, everything else is open in the country and running fine now its been over 20 months for goodness sake

JohnTh 58 posts

Melia White House Level. Went last week, nice afternoon tea offering and friendly helpful staff who brought Cava and also were happy to bring tea and cake. Evening drinks – choice of wine, beer and spirits. Small set of Tapas served to you but could ask for more, plus bread and nibbles. Very quiet on that Monday.

John 1,000 posts

Why are lounges closed or running a reduced service, everything else is open in the country and running fine now its been over 20 months for goodness sake

To save money

revkev7 12 posts

Over the last couple of weeks I have noted:
    Deansgate Hilton offer table service of Prosecco Wine and Beer. Simple plate of canapés. Great staff.
    Pool and leisure open.
    Glasgow Hilton (very nicely refurbished rooms) offer enhanced plate of canapés followed by plate of desserts on request. Self pour wine and beers and spirits on request. Full pool/spa facilities.
    Glasgow Doubletree offer table service of enhanced canapés and spirits. Self pour wines and beers. Self collect crisps and Scottish biscuits. Pool & Steam/sauna open.
    Newcastle Hilton offer a full buffet to select from and self pour wines and beers. Full pool and leisure open.
    Edinburgh Carlton Hilton – usual limited but self select buffet and Scottish biscuits/chocolate bars, self pour wines and beers.
    London Metropole Hilton (interim lounge in a very nicely upgraded refurbishment of rooms) offer enhanced canapés presented to table with self pour wines and beers.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Teebs 5 posts

Hilton Wembley exec lounge is still closed, diamond members get 2 free drinks vouchers instead.

Shame

kjt 14 posts

Last Saturday night at Newcastle Hilton . Self pour beer and wine (No bubbles).
    Cold cuts , hot wings and arancini balls . Very busy . Staff kept the place well stocked. No free table for the local football manager … sorry Eddie !
    I and diamond and no room upgrade here . It was a full hotel .

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.