Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Other hotel schemes ‘GHA Platinum status for £16’ offer extended to end of January

• Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Tom Otley of Business Traveller magazine dropped me a note to say that their £16 digital subscription offer – which importantly comes with Platinum status in the Global Hotel Alliance programme – has been extended to the end of January.

Full details: https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/12/26/gha-discovery-platinum-hotel-status/

jj 516 posts

I missed the original article, so this is a helpful reminder.

I have a few days in a Kempinsky (San Clemente Palace, Venice) later in the year, booked with Amex’s FHR programme, and I hadn’t even realised that the GHA scehem existed. Does anyone have any idea how the two schemes interact? For example, is it possible to earn discovery dollars on an FHR booking, or to earn a double upgrade?

GillyDee 91 posts

Don’t expect anything at the Kempinski in Accra – no upgrade, late check out to 14:00 only, no welcome amenity, the most charmless check-in I’ve ever experienced and to cap it all, the area above our room was undergoing renovations with hammering and sawing. Front desk said they’d contact housekeeping (?) but after 3 calls and no action, we packed our bags and pitched up in the exec lounge until they eventually provided an alternative room.

Not a great first impression of the brand…

ar_ 2 posts

Anyone know how long the upgrade takes? Business Traveller Club site says:

Please enter your details below to receive the offer. You will be emailed at the end of the month with further instructions on how to redeem this offer.

Jacob 223 posts

Depending when you signed up in the month. I did mine 27/12, and was contacted on 05/01. It’s manual and I assume they just email everyone in the beginning of month who signed up in the previous month…

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Any issues, I’d post in the Business Traveller forum or, failing that, contact me and I’ll forward your email to Tom Otley.

QFFlyer 155 posts

Timely this popping up, not exactly the same but might help someone, so here’s my experience.

I had need to book a Parkroyal hotel recently for next week, so started investigating how to get status with GHA. Turns out they’re offering status to World/World Elite Mastercard holders – I contacted them last week and today have logged into GHA Titanium, which is better than I expected.

Google Mastercard Priceless something or other, have to email their concierge, but they’re very responsive. You need the first six digits of your World/World Elite MC (much like the Visa Infinite Hilton Gold offer from many years ago).

BP 48 posts

UK HSBC World Elite not accepted. You need an APAC card to do this match.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.