Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Gift cards – best way to stack offers for a discount?

• andiron 66 posts

As Monese is gone, what are the best option to get 10% off giftcards like Amazon?
    Best I can think of is TopGiftcards -> YCA -> Supermarket gets 6% (plus 1% Chase).
    I’m never lucky with Amex Morrisons offer, my perks at work are even lower recently, anything better out there?

zapato1060 622 posts

Yeah the 6% the same way you showed is how I get the Amazons.

Flying_Pigz 5 posts

What is YCA?

Toaster 104 posts
    JerrySignfield 101 posts

How when Amazon and Morrisons isn’t on that site?

JerrySignfield 101 posts

As Monese is gone, what are the best option to get 10% off giftcards like Amazon?
    Best I can think of is TopGiftcards -> YCA -> Supermarket gets 6% (plus 1% Chase).
    I’m never lucky with Amex Morrisons offer, my perks at work are even lower recently, anything better out there?

Best is probably get a Morrisons gift card from a perks site 4-5% off and then use a cashback card, alternatives for those without perks then there is Airtime that offer 4%

Toaster 104 posts

Use the discount Sainsburys gift card to purchase Amazon gift cards.

Not all Sainsburys sell Amazon gift cards.

WillPS 194 posts

Spree (topped up using a Curve backed Barclaycard) or Airtime Rewards at Wilko is my normal route.

I’ve never had trouble converting Asda gift cards to Amazon either, which can be done at a self checkout – just don’t do more than £250’s worth at a time or the tills freak out and some well meaning person starts checking if you know what a gift card is…

Toaster 104 posts

Is there a list of the Spree retailers with the cashback percentage?

I can get 4 or 5% discount on Asda and Sainsburys through Reward Gateway.

WillPS 194 posts

It’s quite possible it varies by employer – it’s a Sodexo Reward Platform thing. Typically the cashback %s are the same or a bit lower than the Sodexo site itself offers on gift vouchers (which is a bit higher than PaW in my experience), but with the trade off that it can be used with no faff anywhere in store (purchasing lottery tickets or gift cards for example).

Sodexo’s voucher purchasing website/app is awful, doesn’t remember card details and vouchers take 2 mins to appear (on top of the 2 mins places like Asda need to then render you a voucher).

Perks at Work is better, despite not having an app, since you can store cards with them.

Comparing supermarkets with my rates offered now:

Aldi
    Sodexo – not offered
    Perks at Work – 3xWowpoints
    Spree – not offered

Asda
    Sodexo – 4%
    Perks at Work – 3xWowpoints
    Spree – 3%

Morrisons
    Sodexo (evoucher) – 5% – only £5, £10, £50, £100 denominations available
    Perks at Work (evoucher) – 3xWowpoints – any amount available
    Perks at Work (gift card) – 5xWowpoints – any amount available
    Spree – not offered

Tesco
    Sodexo – 4%
    Perks at Work – 4xWowpoints
    Spree – not offered

Sainsburys
    Sodexo – 5%
    Perks at Work – 5xWowpoints
    Spree – 4% – with 28 day lag for some reason

Waitrose/JL
    Sodexo (evoucher) – 4.5%
    Perks at Work (giftcard) – 4xWowpoints
    Perks at Work (evoucher) – 2xWowpoints
    Spree – not offered

Always check whether their Waitrose or John Lewis is offering the higher rate – normally it’s Waitrose which is higher even tho both vouchers have the same validity. Same goes for Homesense/TK Maxx – both vouchers are valid in both shops, yet Homesense always yields better for some reason on Perks at Work.

JerrySignfield 101 posts

Use the discount Sainsburys gift card to purchase Amazon gift cards.

Not all Sainsburys sell Amazon gift cards.

Last time I tried, gift cards were specifically not accepted for third party gift cards, has this changed?

PeteM 714 posts

Last time I tried, gift cards were specifically not accepted for third party gift cards, has this changed?

I’ve bought Amazon gift cards at Sainsbury’s with Sainsbury’s gift cards on self-checkouts many times in the past, most recently about a month ago.

andiron 66 posts

Prezziee has an offer, buy £100 get £10 extra. Among random ones there is Asda. You can buy up to 3 till end of May. You need to buy 3 times and you’ll get £100 and exchangeable £10 one. Charged as normal transaction.

JerrySignfield 101 posts

I’ve bought Amazon gift cards at Sainsbury’s with Sainsbury’s gift cards on self-checkouts many times in the past, most recently about a month ago.

Thanks worked!

duggie1982 261 posts

Can you buy amazon, etc gift cards at Sainsbury’s using Nectar for payment?

trient 24 posts

Not with Nectar, only with Sainsbury’s gift cards.

davefl 1,217 posts

Marginally interesting news from Morrisons that they’re bringing back More points from today (probably because their sales fell off a cliff when they stopped it).

So opportunity arises to gain a little back when buying gift cards in store. Probably won’t get them awarded when paying with their own (discounted gift cards from PAW) but we’ll see

andiron 66 posts

It also wouldn’t make sense, you can get £100 Sainsbury’s gift card for less than £100 (you also get Nectar points paying this way). £100 in Nectar points can be spend on eBay (you also get Nectar points back unlike shopping with them at supermarket), BA, Sainsbury’s petrol station etc.
    So £100 Nectar points is worth more than £100 gift card.

WillPS 194 posts

Marginally interesting news from Morrisons that they’re bringing back More points from today (probably because their sales fell off a cliff when they stopped it).

So opportunity arises to gain a little back when buying gift cards in store. Probably won’t get them awarded when paying with their own (discounted gift cards from PAW) but we’ll see

Unlike before, it’s only selected products which earn points, there’s no ’10 points per £’ as before. As far as I can see branded gift cards are not one of the selected products.

Dr Tom 19 posts

Swipii at the moment for most stores. Top up £90 using your preferred credit card, they make this £100, then transfer to a gift card. They have Amazon (transfer straight to your account), Tesco, Sainsbury’s and various others.

gtellez 162 posts

Swipii at the moment for most stores. Top up £90 using your preferred credit card, they make this £100, then transfer to a gift card. They have Amazon (transfer straight to your account), Tesco, Sainsbury’s and various others.

I have downloaded the app but I can’t find that promotion, would you mind explaining how to get it? Thanks!

Dr Tom 19 posts

I have downloaded the app but I can’t find that promotion, would you mind explaining how to get it? Thanks!

It’s very hidden.
    Click on Balance, then Buy, and add however much you want (I just used £90 as an example, essentially they add around 11% to whatever you top up – the equivalent of a 10% discount).

Then go to the Merchants section and buy a gift card. Ignore the stated percentages, as they’ll let you use your balance (with the bonus already added) to buy.

I’ve never had a problem, but I wouldn’t usually leave a balance in the account. I top up and then buy whichever gift card I needed (if it’s Amazon, I add it straight to my Amazon balance).

If you want to get a feel for things, try it topping up with £10 or so.

andiron 66 posts

This Swipii looks very suspicious.

There are some comments that is owned by some crypto-ponzi company.. some people got an error and money disappeared – no customer service.

And topping up account is not covered by credit card protection, you’re not even buying £ but ^£.. so be quite careful.

(but it works – got £11.11 for £10)

Flying_Pigz 5 posts

Seems legit to me.
    Looking through the history of it, one of the Directors was once COO of Skyscanner … https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mark-logan-b945806
    It hit the rocks due to the pandemic and has been fired up again.
    Worked for me too with £100 – £111.11 gift card purchased OK. Sounds like this is one of the best discounts out there now that Monese has finished.

Toaster 104 posts

Is the Swipii promotion multiple use or one time only?

Any refer or sign up bonus?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.