Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Gift cards – best way to stack offers for a discount?

• PeteM 709 posts

Praise the Lord 🙏🤣

Flying_Pigz 5 posts

Looks like Swipii have stopped the ability to buy discounted cards using Amex now, anyone else seeing declined messages using Amex?

PeteM 709 posts

Looks like Swipii have stopped the ability to buy discounted cards using Amex now, anyone else seeing declined messages using Amex?

Afraid so 🙁

bartas8891 37 posts

Approximately three weeks ago, I added funds to my account using Amex. On my initial attempt, I successfully exchanged their questionable currency for a Sainsbury’s gift card. However, on my second attempt, I encountered an error and was unable to proceed with the redemption. Unfortunately, this issue persisted, and I eventually decided to “withdraw” the funds from my account. Regrettably, the money never arrived in my account. As a result, I raised a dispute with AMEX, and they are currently conducting an investigation. Despite my numerous attempts, I have been unable to contact the merchant for assistance.

Rui N. 831 posts

With all this trouble, I think it’s over for me. I won’t risk having money stuck with money.
    Shame, because it was quite good while it lasted!

PeteM 709 posts

Approximately three weeks ago, I added funds to my account using Amex. On my initial attempt, I successfully exchanged their questionable currency for a Sainsbury’s gift card. However, on my second attempt, I encountered an error and was unable to proceed with the redemption. Unfortunately, this issue persisted, and I eventually decided to “withdraw” the funds from my account. Regrettably, the money never arrived in my account. As a result, I raised a dispute with AMEX, and they are currently conducting an investigation. Despite my numerous attempts, I have been unable to contact the merchant for assistance.

Wonder if this is why AmEx blocked them 🤣

Visa and MC are working fine though.

Alesio 26 posts

Ok, so this makes me wonder if our 11% bonus comes from my friends and @Alessio account.. ok, I’ll pass on this. When the fun stops, stop.

Yes could be the case. Some are used as collateral but if Amex funds are the issue here then they need to be upfront about it as it could be seen as another way of manufacturing spending when trying to withdrawing the funds again.

gtellez 162 posts

I have used Swipii today without issues. I tried with £10 and once it went through, I tried with £90 more. The only problem, as reported, is that amex payments are no longer accepted. I paid with barclaycard.

Rui N. 831 posts

Ok, gave another go at Swipii. Transaction went fine with a Mastercard and I got the £10 I deposite to use immediately. But the 11% bonus keeps showing as pending, even after 30 min. Anyone experiencing this?

gtellez 162 posts

Funny, the same the same happened to me 15min ago @Rui N., put in £90 and the £10 bonus is still pending, came here to report it and saw your comment…

andiron 66 posts

Has this changed?

Rui N. 831 posts

My bonus is still pending

Alesio 26 posts

I had to do a chargeback recently due to the amount not being returned when I went to withdraw the funds even if they took the nominal £1 I would have accepted it but they were taking so long and cited issues their end I just wasn’t comfortable with their responses.

So I would be wary some have experienced no issues others have encountered problems. Luck of the draw with these lot.

gtellez 162 posts

My bonus is still pending

Me too…

zapato1060 639 posts

You guys are intent on beating a dead horse.

mmc99 2 posts

All rewards pending and CS no respond the company will close soon?

andiron 66 posts

Apparently it won’t even allow to top up now, so I guessed they’ve closed down for good.

gtellez 162 posts

I got the pending bonus today and could use it for AN Amazon voucher

PeteM 709 posts

I got the pending bonus today and could use it for AN Amazon voucher

Same here. Have also added money with no issues.

Rui N. 831 posts

Me three. New bonus from £5 top up today still went into pending.

EDIT: became available 2 min later.

iEimis 79 posts

Ok Swipii at least for me looks dead, a friend of mine actually lost there some money so I’ll stay away.
    Has anyone used CompleteSavings? Played carefully looks quite promising.

How does Swipii look dead and how did your friend lose money due to it?

CompleteSavings can be good but make sure you start your account with Ebay or Trainline and *remember* to submit your £15 refund every month (by buying something on your starting site) or they will keep making you pay that £15 and you will lose money. The other main issue I have with CompSave is that the One4All cards are very restrictive on where you can spend at but when you can spend them, 20% off is quite good.

One4all eGift can be converted to many more retailers through One4all’s self swapping service. Not amazon though, unfortunately.

andiron 66 posts

Swipii shows error after purchasing Sains GC, “unfortunately.. please try again”
    So a bit of warning if anyone wants to try big £

andiron 66 posts

Can’t edit post above.
    1. It loaded successfully after 1h
    2. They responded via email within 30 mins, wow. Although asking for everything like customer number etc.

Anyway, it’s down to less than 7% now.
    £93 buys £99.98 GC.

trader363 109 posts

FYI Amazon is no longer an option on Swipii

andiron 66 posts

Swipii

From their email footer, other name they operate under

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.