Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• The Original Nick 115 posts

Via HKG on CX? Just remember that transferring MR points to FF programs can take a while on your first transfer.

squishsquash 36 posts

I’d recommend looking up Qatar availability. There is a glitch in their booking system that means if you book a business flight to Doha connecting to Bangkok from various UK airports then they price it as business class (75k Avios each way). I booked from Manchester, but you can find these from Birmingham and Edinburgh too. I didn’t see any from London airports yet. I managed to book first class in both directions between Doha and BKK, then business to Manchester.

Hope you don’t mind me jumping on this but how do you search this, as in the to Doha ‘connecting’ to Bangkok.
    On the search I can only see Doha or Bangkok, nothing where you can ask for connecting flights.

Thanx
    Dannii

Aston100 1,383 posts

I’d recommend looking up Qatar availability. There is a glitch in their booking system that means if you book a business flight to Doha connecting to Bangkok from various UK airports then they price it as business class (75k Avios each way). I booked from Manchester, but you can find these from Birmingham and Edinburgh too. I didn’t see any from London airports yet. I managed to book first class in both directions between Doha and BKK, then business to Manchester.

Hope you don’t mind me jumping on this but how do you search this, as in the to Doha ‘connecting’ to Bangkok.
    On the search I can only see Doha or Bangkok, nothing where you can ask for connecting flights.

Thanx
    Dannii

In the normal way. All QR flights go to/from Doha. Search for (e.g.) MAN to BKK as normal. If you get really lucky, you’ll have an option to select First for the DOH to BKK leg at regular business class prices.

squishsquash 36 posts

Thanx
    Dannii

In the normal way. All QR flights go to/from Doha. Search for (e.g.) MAN to BKK as normal. If you get really lucky, you’ll have an option to select First for the DOH to BKK leg at regular business class prices.

Thank you, there is nothing at all in J or F for a few of the dates we need ;(
    I didn’t know if I it was a work around as such

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.