Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton 100% buy points bonus back from June 1st

• Guernsey Globetrotter 584 posts

Haven’t had an email or anything obvious in the app yet but when I went into the buy points portal I get a banner saying ‘Looks like you’re a 100% Points Bonus kind of member.’ It says the offer ends on July 18.

Terms state a minimum purchase of 5,000 Points and a maximum of 160,000 (so 320,000 with the bonus). Price for 160,000 + 160,000 is USD 1,600, so 0.5 cents (or c. 0.4p) per point, which potentially means you could get value for money on redemption bookings with cash prices often so high at the moment.

damboy5 39 posts

Thanks Guernsey Globetrotter – perfect timing as I have 3 days to meet my IHG Credit card spend target. Awesome! Although I have way too many HH points now lol.

Richard Peters 171 posts

Recvd email but as maxed out earlier in the year Have to wait till 2024 though to be fair plenty HH in the pot

Ian 40 posts

The offer is either double points or pay half for regular points

Scottpat78 244 posts

Thanks for this, I can see both options when I log in. I’m going to purchase points in the plan to use them for our stay during Paris 2024 Olympics.

The real Swiss Tony 652 posts

The offer is either double points or pay half for regular points

Is it possible to buy the double points then transfer them to your other half before redeeming at half price?

It seems somewhat odd to run these offers at the same time though as all it says to me is “we’ve been ripping you off, you mug”…

RonnieB 288 posts

I think this promo has not been made very clear – I too thought you could opt for a 50% discount when paying by points but it’s not that – it’s just 50% off buying points, or 100% extra buying points, seems a pointless difference?

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

Is there actually a difference, or is it just that the 100% bonus points don’t count towards your yearly limit so that might benefit some people?

But yes, don’t ever buy Hilton points unless there’s an offer on! I have over a million atm so won’t be purchasing. Waiting for when we can fit in a trip to SEZ to use them, or when the new Hiltons in BDA and GCM finally (ever?) get finished.

Pangolin 106 posts

I think this promo has not been made very clear – I too thought you could opt for a 50% discount when paying by points but it’s not that – it’s just 50% off buying points, or 100% extra buying points, seems a pointless difference?

It’s possible that choosing the 100% bonus points option would give you a higher max points for purchase (eg 160,000 vs 80,000) but other than that they appear to be equivalent (in value).

Sandgrounder 14 posts

I’ve just bought enough for 5 nights at the Edinburgh doubletree during the festival, £963 vs £2.5k for cash is a pretty good deal.

AinsworthLord 11 posts

That’s weird, anyone know why the banner I see when I login says ‘Looks like you’re a 80% Points Bonus kind of member.’ I can’t see the 100% Bonus anywhere?
    I am logged in on their .com website. I am presuming there isn’t a .co.uk website?
    Anyone know how I can get the 100% bonus?
    Thanks

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

These offers are often targetted so if you’re only offered 80%, that’s what you’ll get, unless you know someone with the 100% offer who would transfer them to you.

I’ve got plenty of points already in my account waiting for the new Curio and Tapestry in GCM and BDA to appear, 4 years and counting now for both of them!

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,087 posts

These offers are often targetted so if you’re only offered 80%, that’s what you’ll get, unless you know someone with the 100% offer who would transfer them to you.

I’ve got plenty of points already in my account waiting for the new Curio and Tapestry in GCM and BDA to appear, 4 years and counting now for both of them!

I assume you’re churning while you wait Anna? That’s a devaluation risk since by the time they open the hotel owners could decide to reflag.

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

Churning the points? Yes, I am using some but find it difficult to get 5-night redemptions. Either we’re only staying somewhere 3 nights, or on longer trips there are no suitable properties. Our Xmas redemptions in the FL Keys were amazing value but of course there are loads of Hiltons in the US. Planning to do 5 nights in a Homewood Suites in CT next summer as I really like those.

Was considering SEZ until I saw the flight from DOH is at 0245 hours! MLE brings the issue of very expensive transfers and extra costs in resort.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,087 posts

For winter sun, the Hiltons in Ras Al Khaimah tend to be very good value (compared to Dubai) and you’d generally be staying for 5 nights or more there.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.