Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton Bankside or Conrad St. James? Which is best?

• Peggerz 100 posts

I have to be in London on a couple of occasions in 2022 with Mrs P., the first being a one night stay in March. Being Hilton diamond I was looking at the Conrad St James but notice that the Bankside is very popular with HfP devotees. I have stayed in neither before – last time in the capital at the Hilton Tower Bridge, but regularly in 2021 at DT Greenwich due to proximity of Miss P – so would welcome thoughts. Both stays are on points with the Conrad only being 10k more. (The HfP review of Bankside mostly related to its use as a Covid-time office space.)
    Vicinity is not so important.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    cabal of rabid baboons 108 posts

The Conrad is far superior unless you value quantity over quality in the Executive lounge.
    The Conrad breakfast quality and service is excellent and the rooms are much better quality.
    I found the constant banging of bedroom doors irritating at Bankside.

Brighton Belle 9 posts

I’ve stayed at Bankside at least 20 times. It’s the pool that swings it for me and the large exec lounge. I’m sure I’d love the Conrad too so it’s as much about location and price as anything. Bankside also had a bug in the Hilton’s booking system which gave you 30% discount which helped but that’s been fixed.

Richie 986 posts

I like walking along the South Bank, Borough Market and Bermondsey St restaurants, so it’d be Bankside for me.

shutter 8 posts

Agree with the Bankside fans – great service, love the rooms and lounge, and a better location.

Harrier25 852 posts

Agree with the Bankside fans – great service, love the rooms and lounge, and a better location.

Bankside isn’t in the same league as the Conrad St. James and I also disagree that Bankside is in a better location, because it just isn’t!

TGLoyalty 521 posts

Surely location depends on what you want to do

Harrier25 852 posts

Bankside isn’t in the same league as the Conrad St. James and I also disagree that Bankside is in a better location, because it just isn’t!

Sorry, I’ve got a little confused over my St James’s as I was referring to the Trafalgar St James, which in my opinion is the best branded Hilton that I have ever stayed in!

The Savage Squirrel 567 posts

Sorry, I’ve got a little confused over my St James’s as I was referring to the Trafalgar St James, which in my opinion is the best branded Hilton that I have ever stayed in!

Well strictly speaking it’s not a branded Hilton as it’s a Curio property?
    But when I stop being a pedant I have to agree – Trafalgar St James is really an excellent property in a stellar location and I would choose it over both of the other properties mentioned. My only gripe is that clearly many other people think so too as I often end up not staying here due to lack of standard room availability.

Super Secret Stuff 364 posts

I’ve been to the Cobrad St James a few months ago, very nice hotel and excellent customer service. Did have a few issues but nothing that wasn’t resolved to far above my expectations! Highly recomend. If anything goes wrong they’ll fix it and more than make up for it

barnaby100 10 posts

Same management company- so lots of similarities with lounge offer!

Bankside rooms are much better- Conrad location is better

Bankside diamond get great upgrades (or maybe just us)- never had a suite upgrade at Conrad

Conrad breakfast has gone massively downhill post covid

Probably done 200 nights plus across them both

These days we do the Trafalgar St James- fabulous breakfast, great location, ok rooms (in line with Conrad)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.