Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton bookings – website vs App prices

• QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

Something to be aware of if booking Hilton, especially for longer/more expensive stays. Checked pricing in app (Android) and website for a 3 night two room stay. App showed a €5 per night cheaper room rate for one of the rooms compared to price on website. Then if I took to final stage before booking, the website showed a cheaper overall total due.

I had seen this once before and put it down to a glitch, but go figure!

Rhino40 6 posts

Hi QNB. If I get a friend to set up a HH account today will he be able to buy points straight away? From what I understand, it will be easy for him to send me them to my account. When I’ve got said points I’ll be able to make a redemption that added to the one I’ve just made in my partners name will be sound for our 5 person family. However, what is my best route to securing adjoining or neighbouring rooms? We hope to be staying at the WA Palm. We’re both golds and spent a few quid there over Christmas, albeit on a redemption.

John 1,000 posts

Something to be aware of if booking Hilton, especially for longer/more expensive stays. Checked pricing in app (Android) and website for a 3 night two room stay. App showed a €5 per night cheaper room rate for one of the rooms compared to price on website. Then if I took to final stage before booking, the website showed a cheaper overall total due.

Will you tell us which hotel?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Hi QNB. If I get a friend to set up a HH account today will he be able to buy points straight away? From what I understand, it will be easy for him to send me them to my account. When I’ve got said points I’ll be able to make a redemption that added to the one I’ve just made in my partners name will be sound for our 5 person family. However, what is my best route to securing adjoining or neighbouring rooms? We hope to be staying at the WA Palm. We’re both golds and spent a few quid there over Christmas, albeit on a redemption.

I think a new Hilton account cannot buy points for 30-90 days – check the scheme rules.

Hilton guarantees connections on cash bookings at certain hotels but not redemptions. This hotel will be 100% full at Christmas (I was there Christmas 2020) so it isn’t likely UNLESS you get a direct line to someone in the hotel who can manage the room allocation in advance.

can 506 posts

Difference is more drastic if you’ve done a similar search on the website recently. I think cookies are the culprit. Clean them and retry. Has it gone any better?

QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

Difference is more drastic if you’ve done a similar search on the website recently. I think cookies are the culprit. Clean them and retry. Has it gone any better?

Got a few bookings coming up, will try various browsers etc and report back.

QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

Will you tell us which hotel?

LHR T2/3 and Istanbul. Same when I tried a random dummy booking in NY.

can 506 posts

same here for istanbul doubletree esentepe. i booked, found a better rate later, cancelled and rebooked.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.