Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Hilton credit card delay in points posting

• JerrySignfield 101 posts

I called back last week after not receiving the points within 14 days of my last call. The phone rep said she would email the right department. A few days later the points were in my Honors account.

Did it happen to be the same time as your statement as they told me they can only do it when they make the next statement

RussellH 154 posts

Time has come for a formal complaint. Will write it over the weekend. Phoned twice on 21 March.

First time got cut off after 9 mins.
    Second time spent a lot of time with one agent, who I again had to persuade not to transfer me to Hilton itself.
    Finally he said he had found the right team to transfer me to, after being on the phone for for about 48 mins.
    Phone was then answered by a very bored sounding man; I asked if he was somebody in the team responsible for seeing that HH points posted. He grunted, and never spoke to me again. A minute later the system or he hung up on me.

JerrySignfield 101 posts

Time has come for a formal complaint. Will write it over the weekend. Phoned twice on 21 March.

First time got cut off after 9 mins.
    Second time spent a lot of time with one agent, who I again had to persuade not to transfer me to Hilton itself.
    Finally he said he had found the right team to transfer me to, after being on the phone for for about 48 mins.
    Phone was then answered by a very bored sounding man; I asked if he was somebody in the team responsible for seeing that HH points posted. He grunted, and never spoke to me again. A minute later the system or he hung up on me.

I got all my points now thankfully

1.Raise a formal complaint in the app, they may try to fob you off with contacting Hilton, tell them no and that you wish to continue with the complaint.
    2. A few days later supposed to be 48hrs you should have someone who actually knows what they are talking about as many people had this problem in Jan apparently
    3. The points should post on your next statement date, apparently only way they can do it

Hope this helps

RussellH 154 posts

> I got all my points now thankfully
    > 1.Raise a formal complaint in the app..

Cannot get the app to work (I find modern phones without a proper keypad a real pain in the arse to use. I would like a proper mouse equivalent too. The one that I have is a device provided by the charity I work with that uses Okta Verify to log in to their system and I can get that to work, provided that I can get the thing to accept my start up PIN – not always easy).

Letter is half written. Now to decide what I want from them. I shall refer to the near £400 of compensation I had out of them for similar incompetence 4 to 6 years ago.

JerrySignfield 101 posts

> I got all my points now thankfully
    > 1.Raise a formal complaint in the app..

Cannot get the app to work (I find modern phones without a proper keypad a real pain in the arse to use. I would like a proper mouse equivalent too. The one that I have is a device provided by the charity I work with that uses Okta Verify to log in to their system and I can get that to work, provided that I can get the thing to accept my start up PIN – not always easy).

Letter is half written. Now to decide what I want from them. I shall refer to the near £400 of compensation I had out of them for similar incompetence 4 to 6 years ago.

Yes the biggest hurdle is getting them to register the complaint but there is hope from then on!

flyoff 15 posts

I called back last week after not receiving the points within 14 days of my last call. The phone rep said she would email the right department. A few days later the points were in my Honors account.

Did it happen to be the same time as your statement as they told me they can only do it when they make the next statement

No, it was processed a few days after the call. I think it is a lottery in finding someone who identifies the right person to email. Initially the person I spoke to didn’t know what the card was but did soem research when I said it was a legacy card that was not currently being issued to new customers.

RussellH 154 posts

Update:
    Posted the formal complaint on 28 March.
    According to the Royal Mail it has still not been delivered (sent Signed for, costing £2.25).
    However, today received acknowledgement letter from Barclaycard, dated 1 April, with a promise of a response by 13 April.
    On 9 April I can reclaim the cost of the postage, since I did not get the service I paid for.
    At the time of writing, points have still not posted.

None of this makes the Royal Mail look good either. By the same post I got new passport and ID card from Switzerland, ordered on 29 March, and was told that vdelivery would be in between 2 and 4 weeks. The documents are dated 30 March, so 9 days.

RussellH 154 posts

New update:
    Response from Barclaycard received today.
    Effusive apologies, and compensation of £50 paid into my a/c. I checked – it has been paid.
    They cannot explain why my January points were never credited.
    They say that the missing points have been credited, but will only appear in my HH a/c alongside the April points.
    They agree that “they have let me down. and that I expereinced “very poor customer service”.

No mention at all of what they are doing to prevent the same things happening again.

JerrySignfield 101 posts

New update:
    Response from Barclaycard received today.
    Effusive apologies, and compensation of £50 paid into my a/c. I checked – it has been paid.
    They cannot explain why my January points were never credited.
    They say that the missing points have been credited, but will only appear in my HH a/c alongside the April points.
    They agree that “they have let me down. and that I expereinced “very poor customer service”.

No mention at all of what they are doing to prevent the same things happening again.

That’s good I didn’t get any money but having the points was good enough for me

flyoff 15 posts

Here we go again. My points for last month have not posted. Its worth checking if your June points have posted. I will wait another week or so and then chase Barclaycard again.

Roberto 281 posts

Ditto..

Spoke to BC by DM on twitter and they said :-

“I’m sorry this has happened again. Don’t worry, I have raised this for investigation and your points will be adjusted accordingly on your next statement. Any issues, just drop us a message we’ll be more than happy to help.”

DevonDiamond 71 posts

No points still – I spent an age on hold with Barclaycard where someone promised to sort it and it hasn’t happened

Need to look into raising a formal complaint I think

RussellH 154 posts

No points still – I spent an age on hold with Barclaycard where someone promised to sort it and it hasn’t happened

Need to look into raising a formal complaint I think

When you do raise your formal complaint, make sure that you ask for proper compensation for your wasted time on the phone and the fact that the CS agent promised to sort it and did not.
    Maybe if it starts to cost them more in compensation payments than in paying for staff and training them they might actually do the latter.

Still waiting for June points (12K+) and July points (3K+), but as the wording on the statement says that it can take 4-6 weeks for points to credit, there is no point in my making another formal complaint until 4 August at the earliest. But I am not going to even try the phone route again.

RussellH 154 posts

Ditto..

“I’m sorry this has happened again. Don’t worry, I have raised this for investigation and your points will be adjusted accordingly on your next statement. Any issues, just drop us a message we’ll be more than happy to help.”

Did you get the missing points?

Roberto 281 posts

Ditto..

Did you get the missing points?

I did yes.. about a week later..

However I have not had this month’s now…. so this sorry saga rolls on..

Alison 11 posts

Similar issue here. My points have not posted again. I have been chatting via the App help function who advised that I phone:- 0333 202 1145, however this number disconnects after 2 rings. I have just messaged them again to see if there are other contact options…

JerrySignfield 101 posts

None of the customer service will be able to help, you can only get through to the relevant people by raising a complaint, it isn’t a big deal for them if you raise a complaint so I would do this straight away

flyoff 15 posts

Two months now missed. I was fobbed off on chat on the Barclaycard App saying it will take up to 6 weeks to post. I am now making a complaint on the phone. This is becoming a pain to keep checking and contacting Barclaycard.

Harrier25 852 posts

Two months now missed. I was fobbed off on chat on the Barclaycard App saying it will take up to 6 weeks to post. I am now making a complaint on the phone. This is becoming a pain to keep checking and contacting Barclaycard.

Call 0333 2021145 (option 1), as I did last night and they will raise a ticket for the missing points to be applied. They are aware of the issue which apparently is on the Barclaycard end. I was told that my missing points from July will be applied within the next 7 days.

meta 1,439 posts

July points just posted for me this afternoon.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Harrier25 852 posts

July points just posted for me this afternoon.

Mine have just posted too.

flyoff 15 posts

Call 0333 2021145 (option 1), as I did last night and they will raise a ticket for the missing points to be applied. They are aware of the issue which apparently is on the Barclaycard end. I was told that my missing points from July will be applied within the next 7 days.

I did call and was put through to an Indian call centre. They asked me to send my credit card statements to Hilton Honros. I refused and said I was shocked they would ask me to do that. After repeated attempts to raise a complaint and responses being we will look at your “concern” I asked the call to eb esclated. I was told that this wan’t possible. Iphoned again and got a surprised rep who said there wasnt a complaint team and every member of the team wherever in theorkd could raise a compliant. Complint raised, £25 paid as a gesture of good will, and someone is meant to call back to confimr the issue is resolved. This took over an hour and was extermely frustrating. My July points have appeared but June is still missing.

Alison 11 posts

Update:- my missing points have also been deposited this afternoon (after a week of chasing). The HH App is not showing an adjusted total, however I have just logged into my account on my MacBook and the correct total is visible.

Hoping this does not become a monthly chase for points…..

RussellH 154 posts

I did call and was put through to an Indian call centre. They asked me to send my credit card statements to Hilton Honros. I refused and said I was shocked they would ask me to do that. After repeated attempts to raise a complaint and responses being we will look at your “concern” I asked the call to escalated. I was told that this wan’t possible. I phoned again and got a surprised rep who said there wasnt a complaint team and every member of the team wherever in theorkd could raise a compliant. Complint raised, £25 paid as a gesture of good will, and someone is meant to call back to confimr the issue is resolved. This took over an hour and was extermely frustrating. My July points have appeared but June is still missing.

Good that you got some cash out of them. But I am not sure just how much cash they will have to pay out before they decide that it is worth actually paying someone to sort this out properly.

It is a bit of a nuisance with there being two separate forums on this topic – this one and the one under the Hilton Honors banner.

As I just posted there, it will be six weeks on Thursday since my June pointe were (not) issued, so another letter, referring to the cash compensation in the past will go in on Friday, if the Junme points have not arrived by then. (July points arrived earlier today.)

BJ 657 posts

Like others I just got my July points. Still missing three months but I called and cancelled the card. It’s not worth it to me anymore as I’d rather have the avios card, don’t need to chase Diamond now, and can access points via amex and Virgin if even needed. I think the points value is now best in IHG given new Diamond benefits so I’ll focus points-earning and spending there and largely resort to cash for Hilton.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.