Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club HKG – VA refusing to rebook cancelled flight

• StillintheSun 137 posts

@petter2
    for what it is worth I think you have achieved a decent outcome. Pursuing VA through arbitration would have been time consuming and probably stressful so one always has to ensure that the juice is worth the squeeze. Of course had you had to stump up several thousand for alternative flights the calculation may well have been different.

kamil 5 posts

I was originally booked on lhr-hkg. After going through the executive team, they compensated me with £700 of vouchers and I rebooked to San Francisco eventually. Decided against flying to HK due to all the covid restrictions. Originally booked with miles but the taxes and charges have gone up exponentially. Maybe should have waited it out and see if they would rebook us into CX or AF.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.