Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club How can I use 2 Barclays Upgrade Vouchers?

• sonny 21 posts

Hey all,
    I’m trying to book a return club Europe flight for 2.

I select “Book & Upgrade”, and select my flights.
    then I get a pop-up which asks me to select which vouchers to use I can only select one (I have two available) – then after continuing I get an error of:

You don’t have enough BA Barclays Cabin Upgrade Vouchers for the number of passengers selected for a return journey.

Should I be booking the tickets separately? If so, am I able to use these upgrade vouchers for someone other than myself?

Thanks!

NigelHamilton 208 posts

You can definitely book this together, I did so for Sicily later this year. Can’t remember the exact process but think you choose ‘book a flight with avios’ and then just tick the two vouchers

zio 249 posts

Well this is a turn-up…though not immediately much use for the OP.

Maybe I have missed it, but I don’t think we have had any previous reports of successfully being able to select/use 2 vouchers at once, even if two check-boxes appear in the pop-up.

Now having 2 vouchers in my account and being reminded by this question, I have just done some dummy bookings (via the web-site on a desk-top, using Edge).

I have been able to select 2 vouchers to upgrade 2 return flights.
    I have been able to select 2 vouchers to upgrade 4 single flights.

I have not been able to select 2 vouchers if trying to upgrade 2 outbound legs (with the hope of adding a return which is currently more than 355 days out). Remember, most (all?) reports have been that you won’t be allowed to use a voucher to later upgrade return flights from outside the UK if you have only used one voucher on two outbound flights. i.e. you have to book separately one voucher/person in this situation.

@sonny
    you are doing it right going via “Book & Upgrade” rather than the “Book with Avios” tab. Before today I would have said book separately, but given my dummy bookings I suggest using a different device/browser. And keeping your fingers crossed.

NigelHamilton 208 posts

@zio surprised by your reply I went to check my booking, and I’ve definitely used the two vouchers in the same booking (it doesn’t say anything about voucher in the confirmation, but it’s 2 people Club Europe to Catania, 55,000 avios +£2). It was also booked on Christmas Day so can’t have been over the phone, even with my failing memory!!

Safari on a Mac, and I don’t remember any issues booking it at all (I’m neither a technophobe nor a techno wizz!)

zio 249 posts

Well, my mistake, there has been a very recent account of being able to use 2 vouchers at once https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/using-two-barclays-upgrade-vouchers/ though it came with a simultaneous fail on another account. BA IT.

PB2 198 posts

I’ve two Barclays vouchers to use too and checked the terms which indeed allow two to be used at once. But on a recent attempted booking for 2 adults return, I got the same message saying I don’t have enough vouchers? Repeating the search, I could then only tick one voucher not two.

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Must be a change in the UI.

We’ve had 2 bookings booked with 2x Barclaycard Upgrade vouchers at the same time. Both booked online.

Maybe try calling them saying the website is erroring and you’d like to book using 2 Barclaycard Upgrade vouchers?

sonny 21 posts

So i kept trying, I did notice that if I removed the disabled attribute in the HTML of the site I could then select both vouchers and progress. I’ve not gone through to purchasing the flights as I was just tinkering but will report back when I do!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.