Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club How fast does BA Amex 241 return to account?

• icemankaka 12 posts

I fudged up a booking yet changing cost £70… however, cancelling the booking and rebook would only cost me nothing.
    I am wondering if I should cancel to rebook, or not… depending on how fast the voucher returns to the system.

Thanks!

sm 178 posts

In all of the instances where I have cancelled a reward booking by phone the voucher has returned to my account immediately.

rashomon 75 posts

Wouldn’t cancelling a booking also cost you £35 at least?

NorthernLass 7,468 posts

Cancelling online after 24 hours will cost £35 pp. I’ve found recently that the new-style voucher comes back immediately but a couple of times the old-style voucher has disappeared into the ether and I’ve had to wait a week or 2 plus several online chats to get it back. You’ll know this has happened if you get a very vague email acknowledgement with no refund details and just a message saying they are looking at whether any refund is due!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.