Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios How to apply the voucher

• jefflad 5 posts

Hi,

I’ve had a look and can’t see my questions answered, so here I go…

As this is one person return or two people one way. How do I book this and ensure the upgrade is for return only?

Also, I need domestics are they included also or is it just one sector the voucher applies to or the travel from A-C?

Thanks
    J

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Problems with both these! If you want to add a domestic you have to call and they will only let you have the £1 plus maximum avios option. I used my voucher for CW to Vegas next June and just booked separate domestic seats on normal avios for the night before to avoid any issues with delays.

Are you saying you want to upgrade 2 people on the return legs Again, I don’t think this is possible as the upgraded flight is supposed to start in the UK. A CSA may be able to do this on the phone for you, I don’t know if anyone has tried this yet.

It’s still early days with these vouchers though, so try a dummy booking and see what it will let you do!

jefflad 5 posts

Ok, thanks I’ll give them a ring…. What a pain this voucher appears to be! Maybe my best option is wait till my next one and book both legs of the international sections.

When I get round to ringing I’ll update the thread, unless anyone reading this has tried upgrading their return?

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Have you actually tried doing the booking online?

jefflad 5 posts

Yeah, tried booking. Keep getting you don’t have enough vouchers. Hence my question, looking at your replies I haven’t checked yet but looks like I’ll need 1 booking for return domestics 1 booking for outbound upgrade to say CW and another booking for return CW…. It is quite honestly ridiculous and I dare say costs more due to the separate bookings? I need to do some playing around with bookings than reading online forums I think 🙂

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

You won’t be able to book the return as a standalone booking with the voucher because it’s only valid for ex-UK. You may also get gouged for the surcharges, depending on destination. Best bet would be to make 2 separate return bookings with 2 vouchers if they can be used for other people (the Lloyds ones could but I can’t remember re the BC one), if you’re fairly confident the seats will be available.

Where are you actually planning to go?

jefflad 5 posts

Hi, yeah aware of the UK originating bit. Was meaning book the upgrade on the outbound and get a standard ticket with avois on the return. Not sure where yet, will be the states or DXB just want to understand how to use it… quite like your idea of LAS mind 🙂

As you say previously, very new so maybe they need some complaints to understand it needs tweaked… after all we did spend £10k with them to attain it, surely they don’t want to pee that profit making group off??

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

There are so many BA IT issues which have been around for years and they can’t be bothered to sort them out so I wouldn’t hold your breath!
    Don’t book an avios ticket back from the states as a standalone without looking at the surcharges – they are very high on US departures.

Luca M 391 posts

I did use the old Lloyds voucher for the return leg for two but you had to book them on the phone anyway, so I guess a call into BA or old Avios team may help

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Neither of those options apply to the new BC voucher though.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.