Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Iberia redemption flight operated by Vueling cancelled

• jek 118 posts

I have a booked a redemption flight on Iberia which is operated by Vueling. Iberia has notified me that the flight has been cancelled. On Iberia, MMB offers me to rebook or cancellation, however, rebooking does not show any other availability. Vueling’s MMB, however, now shows a different flight combination with a stopover in BCN and no option to change it.

There are direct flights on the day before. Whom do I have to contact to change to the day before, Iberia or Vueling?

ChrisBCN 236 posts

The carrier you booked with, until 24 hours before the flight. HOWEVER your situation is a little different due to how Iberia/Vueling work together, so I would be tempted to call Vueling first off, I think you will find they will be better in this instance.

jek 118 posts

Update: I tried Vueling first, but their phone line for cancellations only sends one to the MMB (which does not work in this case). So I contacted Iberia and just had to wait for a couple of minutes. The agent first said that there is no availability to rebook me (no availability in the same booking class), but when I replied that this is a cancellation where the EC261 regulations apply and that they still seats on the flight that I wanted, the agent did some more checking and was able to book me on the flight that I wanted. Success!

I did not expect it to be so easy given the current BA problems.

ChrisBCN 236 posts

Well done, happy it all worked out for you!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.