Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG Diamond status match?

• Kopite 1 post

My IHG Diamond card will expire on 31 December this year as I’m just short of enough nights so will drop to Gold.

Does IHG offer a Status Match as I’m top level with Hilton & would love to get my IHG extended through a status match.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,091 posts

But surely you’d just drop down to Plat not Gold if your just short of Diamond?

How many nights short? Might be woerth a matress run.

NorthernLass 7,610 posts

Certainly worth it if you’re going to use the Diamond benefits enough to justify it. I am doing 1 night on a mattress run in a couple of weeks to get my 20 nights for the Suite Upgrade benefit, there are plenty of HI/HIEXes which you can get for c.£70/15k points on certain nights.

RonnieB 288 posts

Or buy Ambassador to keep it – does that still work?

Or buy Ambassador to keep it – does that still work?

NO. It ended in September

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

AMB gets you Platinum.

Irrespective, IHG is NEVER going to match an existing Diamond for another year. You need to be prepared to drop down and then see what you can do.

RonnieB 288 posts

I’m guessing that any points bought during the current 100% IHG buy points bonus promo will not count towards status?

Aston100 1,385 posts

I’m guessing that any points bought during the current 100% IHG buy points bonus promo will not count towards status?

I don’t think you’re buying them directly from IHG though?

Bought points don’t count towards status.

RonnieB 288 posts

Thanks, thought so, pity.

And you’re right not from IHG

AnotherUser 181 posts

If you’re close to diamond, you can often pay a slightly higher rate when you book a room to buy a few thousand extra status-qualifying points per night

LeeG 34 posts

If you’re close to diamond, you can often pay a slightly higher rate when you book a room to buy a few thousand extra status-qualifying points per night

There’s an offer mentioned on forums elsewhere giving the option of paying for qualifying points (at a higher rate – 120k for $1500) to top up and re-qualify for diamond.

Ts&Cs suggest an invite is needed but I clicked through the link and I can see the offer.

I’ll be 30k short at the end of the year – $550 needed. Need to work out whether the breakfast, the extra points and the risk is worth it.

Aston100 1,385 posts

There’s an offer mentioned on forums elsewhere giving the option of paying for qualifying points (at a higher rate – 120k for $1500) to top up and re-qualify for diamond.

Ts&Cs suggest an invite is needed but I clicked through the link and I can see the offer.

I’ll be 30k short at the end of the year – $550 needed. Need to work out whether the breakfast, the extra points and the risk is worth it.

Interesting.
    Can you post the link please?

LeeG 34 posts

Hopefully it’s OK to post – it’s https://storefront.points.com/IHG-EQP/en-US/buy.

In the place where they talk about flyers the feedback seems to be that the offer is personalised (with some not seeing it at all) – I guess as they know how close you are and what stays you have booked they are pitching it to extract as much as they can.

As I say, the Ts&Cs are clear that this is targeted (‘This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for intended recipients only and may not be forwarded’) – buyer beware.

Thegasman 203 posts

IHG has traditionally enforced the T&C’s strictly for targeted offers so definitely buyer beware. Best case they cancel & refund the points purchase but I’d expect them to keep your money & leave you with an expensive points purchase that doesn’t count towards status.

Aston100 1,385 posts

Hopefully it’s OK to post – it’s https://storefront.points.com/IHG-EQP/en-US/buy.

In the place where they talk about flyers the feedback seems to be that the offer is personalised (with some not seeing it at all) – I guess as they know how close you are and what stays you have booked they are pitching it to extract as much as they can.

As I say, the Ts&Cs are clear that this is targeted (‘This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for intended recipients only and may not be forwarded’) – buyer beware.

Thanks for that, but saying I’m not eligible.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.