Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Increased avails with new companion voucher-when are more tickets released?

• sturgeon 193 posts

There’s probably no answer to this but having only recently realised the BA site has far more reward availability with the new companion voucher vs what shows on Seatspy, I was about to book tickets to Dubai. Coincidentally despite there being availability for over a week and the flights still being in my search results from a couple of hours earlier they’ve now disappeared after a final search to try to book. Yet more have appeared a week earlier.

I read on here somewhere that the extra reward availability for the new companion voucher seems to correlate with ticket pricing and more are released if ticket prices reduce due to their methodology. Is that right, is there any rhyme or reason to it? I’m inclined to book the new dates a week earlier but they’re less convenient. I could book and then pay thr cancellation charge. I just find it odd the flights I was in the process of booking tonight have disappeared, as if my searches had driven up demand or something hence the extra reward availability based on whatever the methodology is for the new voucher took them back again!

The real Swiss Tony 654 posts

As I recall, consensus seemed to be that if there were 8 I class revenue tickets available then the extra award availability would show for the 2-4-1 voucher, but there were still some unknowns.

So presumably you would need more I class seats to open up on the date of travel to have any hope of this working. Must admit, the uplift in availability with the new voucher is certainly impressive.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.