Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Is BA Quietly Removing Club Europe?

• Markjanes 7 posts

I’m looking to do a tier point run in the spring by booking a “short haul +” route to either Tenerife, Lanzarote or even Sofia and adding in a hotel to take advantage of the double tier point offer. For all those destinations, the BA booking site is showing “Business not available on this flight. Showing the nearest equivalent” (Which is Economy Plus). Is this new or am I a bit behind the curve or am I missing something?

dougzz99 619 posts

I think this is a glitch in the website around holidays.Try booking the flight and then add the hotel, I think that works.

Markjanes 7 posts

@Dougzz99, yes, I tried that. Edit to add; I’m actually trying to book from Inverness via London, just the flights, with a view to adding the hotel later in the booking process. If I put in the origin and destination and click “Search” using the default “economy” setting, then choose “business” from the three options shown, it gives me a respectable business price but then goes on to say “Business not available on this flight” in the booking summary (but only on the international legs). But if I select “business” right up front before hitting search, then it gives me higher prices for business but no restriction is shown!

astra19 53 posts

It’s an irritating error when booking Club flights with a UK connection. They need to sort it out, it’s been going on for ages now.

Markjanes 7 posts

@astra19 OK, that’s useful to know. Thanks. It was actually cheaper to buy the UK and international flights separately, but that would have meant no bags checked through (I guess) and I wouldn’t get the double tier points on the UK leg.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.