Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Kimpton secret password?

• Magarathea 51 posts

I am staying at the Kimpton Clocktower in Manchester over the weekend and wondered if they still have a “secret password” to get some freebies at check-in? Anyone know?

NorthernLass 7,591 posts

You can often find it on Flyertalk or some of the US travel blogs. Though on both my stays at the Clocktower, the staff weren’t that clued up about IHG benefits!

Lula 204 posts

I think the last one ran out in Feb and I don’t think they’ve had one since.

dst87 264 posts

I saw someone ask on Twitter recently and was told that there is currently no password. I haven’t seen anything else appear on their timeline yet.

NorthernLass 7,591 posts

Maybe they decided to drop the Secret Password when they found out they might have to give out some free breakfasts in future?! Clocktower breakfast was about £20 pp IIRC.

strickers 651 posts

A friend had success with the old one in London after it had expired. ‘Just Chilling.’

Amy C 372 posts

A friend had success with the old one in London after it had expired. ‘Just Chilling.’

Do you know what that conjured up?

strickers 651 posts

Do you know what that conjured up?

2000 points, not exciting but better than a kick in the teeth.

Lula 204 posts

New password out: stay cool

Mark Peterborough 29 posts

The current password has just worked for me in the London Fitzroy. A free drink in the bar was the reward, they were happy for it to be a cocktail.

Amy C 372 posts

The current password has just worked for me in the London Fitzroy. A free drink in the bar was the reward, they were happy for it to be a cocktail.

How are you finding your stay? I stayed last month and was rather disappointed.

Mark Peterborough 29 posts

How are you finding your stay? I stayed last month and was rather disappointed.

I don’t normally stay in places like this , just once a year when I have a credit card free night. So for me I was impressed by the place and had a good one night stay . I’m not sure what I would have expected if I had spent £300 or so for the stay. The shower over the bath was pretty useless though , ideal if you happen to be 5 foot 3 though.

mkcol 55 posts

Worked very well at Kimpton Saint George in Toronto yesterday.

davefl 1,222 posts

Got a suite upgrade on a cash/points basic twin room at the Kimpton Gray in Chicago, and then for the password a small bottle of Prosecco and a flowery tie pin.

Rackrate for the basic twin room was $600, no idea what the suite was but I got 1.9 pence/point on the C+P Twin, so it’s my best IHG redemption ever.

cercwc76 54 posts

I used “Stay cool” at Kimpton Amsterdam over Platinum jubilee weekend and managed to get 2x free continental breakfasts

Olly 242 posts

Anyone know if there is a password live at the moment?

Staying at the Kimpton Fitzroy this weekend

Olly 242 posts

Looks like it’s still “stay cool” if the FT thread is correct

dst87 264 posts

Anyone know if there is a password live at the moment?

Staying at the Kimpton Fitzroy this weekend

If it works, report back! I’m staying there at the start of Sept.

AndyGWP 275 posts

Valid till 5th September IIRC

Checking in to a Kimpton in a few days. I won’t be doing any discreetness when I tell them the password 😆

“stay cool and give me my freebies!”

PeteM 709 posts

You can look forward to a bar of milk chocolate 🙂

dst87 264 posts

You can look forward to a bar of milk chocolate 🙂

Wow – so exciting. 😆

AndyGWP 275 posts

Kimpton Monaco in Seattle we got to spin the wheel

They let us have three attempts (first only landed on 250 points), second was a 2pm late checkout (not needed)

Third attempt was 250 points (not been credit either 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️) – ah well!

TJ 91 posts

Just checked-in at the Kimpton Fitzroy and received 1000 points for mentioning the social password.

BLT 52 posts

Kimpton surfcomber gave vouchers for 2 free cocktails last week for mentioning the password.

dst87 264 posts

I’m curious – do folks tend to slip the password into conversation, or explicitly being it up like “The social password is {whatever}”? I can imagine the more ‘fun’ approach being completely missed by a check-in person who’s a bit tired or distracted.

What’s everyone’s best (and worst) stories about trying this?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.