Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Kimpton secret password?

• Froggee 897 posts

You either play the daft laddie and pretend you think the secret password is active or just quietly feel a bit sad that yet again you’ve missed out. The latter is my preferred option. I’m at the Kimpton Fitzroy next week having had a night at the Kimpton Charlotte Square shortly after the summer secret password expired.

Sad face.

ClubSmed 174 posts

So what do we do before Nov 25? At Kimpton Alton ( Fisherman’s Wharf SFO) this weekend so do I have any options to get a treat?

I would use “pick a stick” as that seems to be the current password if you read up the thread.

alig4th 322 posts

Do we know an expiry date for the next password?

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

@Froggee The latter approach is very British (and very Froggee!) – I will probably chicken out and opt for it too 😉
    Appreciate the ‘Pick a Stick’ highlighting @ClubSmed… I’d got the impression that it wasn’t an official password but it does seem to have been working for others. I’ll try and pluck up the courage but is the mini-treat worth the risk / fear of an embarrassing moment at check-in?!

Angelamc11 195 posts

I’m at the Kimpton Fitzroy from Saturday and have no issues with using the password and possibly being rejected. If anything it will make my husband laugh. I’ll report back the verdict 😊

iamfugly 28 posts

I was staying at the Fitzroy last week. I knew “pick a stick” had expired but could not find any sign of the new social password so tried it anyway. Got a smile and a shake of the head. No offer that there was actually no active password so “pick a stick” would suffice! Anyway, if you don’t try, you don’t get. It’s always worth giving it a shot. You won’t look silly. From the look and laugher from the receptionist, I guess they get many an awkward moment from guests just before trying. In any case, I always have some form of small talk with the receptionist so is always quite easy to slip it in without much embarrassment.

Olly 242 posts
    NorthernLass 7,590 posts

I guess you could try “off gallivanting”!

Michael C 668 posts

I guess you could try “off gallivanting”!

Followed by “swanning around”?!

Angelamc11 195 posts

I can confirm the snuggle is real was accepted at Fitzroy today. I offered both pick a stick and the snuggle is real and they accepted the latter.

gtellez 162 posts

I used the snuggle is real at Kimpton Clocktower today and although it was accepted, the gift was a bit rubbish: a box of fudge… first time staying here and a bit disappointed, no upgrade as Diamond Ambassador and no gift in the room. I even had to ask for the free breakfast, as the receptionist told me that it wasn’t include in my rate and didn’t offer as welcome gift.

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

@gtellez, staff knowledge is very hit and miss there. I think the fudge doubles up as the “local” amenity as I had it in my room the last time I stayed there! I really like the property for the architecture, F & B and large rooms with superb air con, but it’s the least generous in terms of status freebies.
    I’m really surprised you weren’t upgraded though, did you ask about that?

gtellez 162 posts

@NorthernLass I didn’t have any local amenity in my room (not that I need two boxes of fudge anyways). I didn’t ask for the upgrade as it was clear that the receptionist wasn’t very knowledgeable and it was quite late, so just wanted to get to bed. To be fair with them, they weren’t selling any superior room than mine (Premium King Size). The room is very nice and quite large, although the bed is not very comfortable (quite hard for my likes).

WebWizard 5 posts

I used the snuggle is real at Kimpton Clocktower today and although it was accepted, the gift was a bit rubbish: a box of fudge… first time staying here and a bit disappointed, no upgrade as Diamond Ambassador and no gift in the room. I even had to ask for the free breakfast, as the receptionist told me that it wasn’t include in my rate and didn’t offer as welcome gift.

Coincidence, I also checked in there the same day too! I seemed to get a new member of staff on the front desk who I was directed to where I had to correct them on my room type and a few other things and they had to ask someone else to assist at points – I’ve the same status as you, had the same where I queried the breakfast after being told it wasn’t included in the rate nor was mentioned in the welcome options however the password wasn’t recognised for me (although I didn’t repeat it again as by then I just wanted to get to my room, but I don’t think I’ll miss the fudge). I did query a room upgrade, or alternatively a late check-out the following morning, with a more experienced staff member but unfortunately the best they could offer was an extra hour in the form of a 1pm checkout.
    The wine hour has also changed as they now issue voucher cards at check-in and therefore limit drinks to one per person, which was not the case before – I hope this is only temporary as occasionally I would just have soft drinks, I’m not sure it’s worth the visit for a single can of coke etc!

Every time I’ve stayed before (as min. Platinum) I’ve had an upgrade and (as Diamond) have been offered breakfast so whilst I assume they must have been much busier than usual, I can’t help but be a little disappointed this time much like yourself…

moody 38 posts

Tried the password for the first time at the Clocktower – received a bar of chocolate and a postcard. Coupled with no upgrade despite being a Diamond Ambassador, can’t say I’m terribly impressed

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,083 posts

Tried the password for the first time at the Clocktower – received a bar of chocolate and a postcard. Coupled with no upgrade despite being a Diamond Ambassador, can’t say I’m terribly impressed

Manchester is very busy most weekends these days so lack of any sort of complimentary diamond upgrade is to be expected.

I’ve not had an upgrade at the HI on any of my last half dozen or so visits (that’s a mix of cash and points stays) over the last year or so they have been that busy.

Though a couple of months ago I was offered one for the Sunday/Monday night of a 3 night stay which I declined as I really didn’t want the hassle of moving for just one night.

davefl 1,222 posts

At the Kimpton Barcelona the password gets you a ‘special cocktail’

No idea what that is, I forgot to ask until checkout.

Ended up with a very early checkin – 11am as the room was ready when I arrived to drop of my luggage and a room upgrade from basic to one with a balcony, as Platinum (They don’t seem to acknowledge Ambassador although the free night certificate was processed without comment)

Lula 204 posts

Just used it in Bangkok. Got a woven Kimpton branded wrist band.

MKB 71 posts

Just used it in Bangkok. Got a woven Kimpton branded wrist band.

I got that too when I was there last week. I accepted it thinking it might have some magical property like getting me a free drink if I wore it to the bar, but, no, it was just a wristband. Why do they think anyone would want that?

Lula 204 posts

@MKB Yes, I wondered the same – definitely not worth uttering that odd phrase for! Although my husband seems to quite like his. It bodes well for me that he is easily pleased with gifts, what with Christmas approaching!

I am very much enjoying the free breakfast here though, so can forgive them the non-magical wristband.

MKB 71 posts

@Lula – Yes breakfast in “Stock.Room” was very good. The free drinks hour being poolside was a nice touch too.

JohnG 40 posts

Just checked in at the De Witt and “the snuggle is real” got us breakfast. Think if we’d booked a breakfast rate we’d have got another cocktail voucher.

gtellez 162 posts

I checked in at Kimpton Edinburgh a couple of days ago. The social password gave me a box of chocolates, then in the room I had the same box of chocolates as welcome gift.
    Very nice hotel, I enjoyed it much more than my previous two stays at Clocktower.
    As diamond ambassador, I got breakfast for free and a drink voucher (I think this was because our room wasn’t ready when we arrived at 2pm, although it was ready less than 15 min later). Got upgraded to a very nice junior suite.
    It worked amazingly well for me, as I used the ambassador night certificate (for the 4th time this year, and it is still showing in my account…) plus the Amex £75 off offer; so two nights came at around £260 net. Furthermore I rebooked it during cyber Monday deal, so I should get almost 20k points. Happy days!

Angelamc11 195 posts

I checked in at Kimpton Edinburgh a couple of days ago. The social password gave me a box of chocolates, then in the room I had the same box of chocolates as welcome gift.
    Very nice hotel, I enjoyed it much more than my previous two stays at Clocktower.
    As diamond ambassador, I got breakfast for free and a drink voucher (I think this was because our room wasn’t ready when we arrived at 2pm, although it was ready less than 15 min later). Got upgraded to a very nice junior suite.
    It worked amazingly well for me, as I used the ambassador night certificate (for the 4th time this year, and it is still showing in my account…) plus the Amex £75 off offer; so two nights came at around £260 net. Furthermore I rebooked it during cyber Monday deal, so I should get almost 20k points. Happy days!

Have all 4 stays been at Kimpton? I still have mine after a Kimpton stay, but have IC Amsterdam booked for January. Would be nice to retain the voucher.

gtellez 162 posts

@Angelamc11 Yes, all Kimpton (first time in Amsterdam, then twice in Manchester and last one in Edinburgh). It is really sad that next month it won’t be possible to use it again at Kimpton… I just discovered the brand (usually very loyal to Marriott) and loved it; but don’t like Intercontinental hotels too much…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.