Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Kimpton secret password?

• ChrisC 956 posts

I say something like

‘and I’m supposed to say stay cool’ (or whatever the phrase is)

If you try to become too clever about this it’s going to get missed by some staff – especially whose English may be their second language.

davefl 1,216 posts

I tried…. it’s nice to get out of the heat (it was 90F) and stay cool in Chicago… she missed it completely.

Only when I repeated it did it click… and all I got was a ‘handmade’ flowery tie accessory,

Got a drink voucher for being platinum, only to find out during my one monday night stay both bars and restaurants were closed and only opened weekends. Ended up with a mini vodka and can of 7up from the fridge in reception,

ChrisC 956 posts

€20 euro bar credit voucher at the De Witt today.

Could have been two but I think one of those was normal diamond offering. On,y saw the second in the room card sleeve when I got to the room.

dst87 263 posts

At Kimpton Fitzroy yesterday offered either 1000 points or 2 x free cocktails in the bar. Opted for cocktails.

Middster 8 posts

The Dewitt gave us a drink voucher but had already given us a 20 euro voucher I presume for ambassador membership.

They did offer late check out if we wanted it instead

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    187 posts

New secret password appears to be ‘pick-a-stick’

NorthernLass 7,455 posts

I’ll try that at Blythswood Square in a couple of weeks. It’s making me imagine being offered a selection of Blackpool (or maybe Edinburgh) rock 😂

Paul B 224 posts

New secret password appears to be ‘pick-a-stick’

Any idea how long this one will be in play? The only time I’ve ever uttered a secret password, they said it had just “expired” (however still offered me the respective amenity)

dst87 263 posts

According to the Kimpton Twitter, that password was a venue-specific promotion and not a Kimpton-side social password:

https://twitter.com/Kimpton/status/1583491061019992064?s=20&t=AVKz3JGIWpd6qZPzPpvw0w

Si 36 posts

Hey folks, I’m off to Kimpton Edinburgh tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any updates on the social password situation? Would be nice to nab a free drink 😆

NorthernLass 7,455 posts

What status have you got? IME they are really generous with the drinks vouchers there anyway. Plus gin miniatures in the rooms!

Si 36 posts

Unfortunately i only have basic status as i usually go with Hilton or Marriott but I’ve been looking forward to an excuse to try the Edinburgh Kimpton

NorthernLass 7,455 posts

Don’t forget you have social hour as well!

Si 36 posts

Looking forward to it!

Is it like Liverpool Street Andaz where it is limited to beer/wine? Or does it get more adventurous? 🤔

Angelamc11 195 posts

I am staying at my first Kimpton next weekend at the Fitzroy with Diamond Elite Ambassador status using my free night. It would be great to get the secret code! Anybody have any advice on getting from LHR T5 and any nearby must do’s? TIA

NorthernLass 7,455 posts

@Si, it was beer, wine and soft drinks both times we were there.

davefl 1,216 posts

From 25th Nov the new Kimpton secret password for Winter 2022 is “The Snuggle is Real”

Si 36 posts

Ok folks, just checked in at Kimpton Charlotte Sq…so “pick a stick” worked and my better half was very happy with a nice little box of chocolates and a lovely scented candle.
    Even better, though unrelated to the social password, we were upgraded (after booking with Amex FHR) from an essential room to a junior suite! This came with a dish of olives and a bottle of wine. I’ve had some decent upgrades this year but this wins top prize 😁

TJ 90 posts

Apparently the next secret password valid from 25th Nov is “The Snuggle is Real”.

TJ 90 posts

Apparently the next secret password valid from 25th Nov is “The Snuggle is Real”.

Oops … already mentioned above!

Nigel Keya 80 posts

So you mosey up to the good-looking girl on Reception, she in a short skirt I would hope – and – with your fine lady of many years, standing about 1 metre away, you say in your best sexy voice: ‘The Snuggle is Real’?

Yeah, right 🙂

Harrier25 848 posts

Well, if you want a free pint at the bar, then yes!😜

Lula 205 posts

@nigel I hope next time you check in, it’s a man on reception.

Harrier25 848 posts

@nigel I hope next time you check in, it’s a man on reception…

…in a short skirt!

Guernsey Globetrotter 583 posts

So what do we do before Nov 25? At Kimpton Alton ( Fisherman’s Wharf SFO) this weekend so do I have any options to get a treat?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.