Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Housekeeping “Last post” date time and “topics I’ve commented in” suggestion

• AndyGWP 276 posts

Couple of suggestion from me 🙂

1) Instead of highlighting how long ago something was last posted in in days / hours / minutes, can you just do a date / time stamp for the last post. I would think it’s quicker for most people to figure out last time they visited the forum based on date / time rather than days / hours

2) (one of) the big problems with the chat thread was it’d be hard to see when someone had responded to a comment you had made. This continues in the new forum as its hard to remember what topics you’ve posted in – could they be highlighted? (if that makes sense)

Other than that – love it – loads better than the old daily chat that was impossible to keep up with – at least there is some structure now 🙂

AJA 1,070 posts

I think the point of the date / time stamp is that it shows which of the threads have most recently had posts

For your own posts if you click on your account there are three submenus:
    Topics Started – obviously threads that you started
    Replies Created – a record of all the replies you’ve posted
    Engagements – which lists all the threads you’ve replied or enagaged in

I am not sure that there is a record of all the replies to your posts unless the other forum member specifically quotes your post in their reply

AndyGWP 276 posts

Cheers AJA – I think you’ve misunderstood my first point (it’s not a date time stamp that’s currently shown – but should be in my opinion)

Really appreciate you highlighting how I can sort the second issue out. Thanks again 👍🏻

AndyGWP 276 posts

Actually. Regarding the second point it would be better applied to the “recent topics” menu so you can see if anything relevant has since been added

Maybe I’m just too used to vBulletin 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edit: duh ignore me. It’s displayed better under engagements 🤣

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.