Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club LHR – BKK cancelled. Anyone else?

• vetjames 66 posts

I’m in the same boat. My 2-4-1 Avios in Club World for November was cancelled last night as well. Not tried to rebook yet, will do it soon. I would prefer to fly QR via Doha to Phuket? Do you think I am smoking dope proposing that to BA?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    shilly 111 posts

I’m in the same boat. My 2-4-1 Avios in Club World for November was cancelled last night as well. Not tried to rebook yet, will do it soon. I would prefer to fly QR via Doha to Phuket? Do you think I am smoking dope proposing that to BA?

I tried that last night but they said they can only rebook on Qatar to the same destination so had to stick with Bangkok, shame but thought it was worth trying.

carousel 27 posts

My January 2023 flight LHR to BKK business class using 2 4 1 has been cancelled too. I called and was told to take a refund, (I refused) on the chat they told me they are not authorised to make rebooking on their partner airlines (I was happy to take LON – HKT) but they refused. Its so irritating as I am seeing less point in booking bus seats 360 days in advance to get those golden business class ones as the last 3 I’ve booked have been cancelled

JDB 4,384 posts

Sounds like it may be best to wait a few days, as currently BA is making rebooking very difficult and obviously availability on QR during the World Cup is going to be difficult, so they may put another plan in place. Re getting them to change BKK to HKT they will do this if on one ticket (under the wonderfully named ‘back & beyonds’ policy) , but as you have a redemption, the domestic must be on a separate ticket and also you can’t benefit from the 300 mile concession as HKT is quite a bit outside this, but it can’t hurt to ask.

carousel 27 posts

So I just called and as noted above I’d booked using 2 4 1 in business from Lon to BKK and they cancelled my flights last night, 4th time lucky with speaking to BA as they’ve booked me on the Qatar flights. Ever the pessimist though I do wonder if this will actually take off!

jumpfrog 23 posts

So I just called and as noted above I’d booked using 2 4 1 in business from Lon to BKK and they cancelled my flights last night, 4th time lucky with speaking to BA as they’ve booked me on the Qatar flights. Ever the pessimist though I do wonder if this will actually take off!

It is frustrating how hit and miss things are. I rebooked my jan flights using chat only for them to change their minds and cancel it an hour or so later. One hand doesn’t know what the other is doing!

carousel 27 posts

Hoping they dont do the same to me, they’ve allocated my seats too…

jumpfrog 23 posts

Hoping they dont do the same to me, they’ve allocated my seats too…

Just keep an eye on MMB and avoid any incoming phone calls from India!

eskimoboy 14 posts

Weird, I’ve tried online chat three times and on the phone twice and each time told they can’t rebook me yet as no availablity or agreement in place and to wait a few days/weeks. It’s the inconsistency which is annoying!

markdhayes 57 posts

Policy has been updated and can now be booked but they are saying there are very limited seats being made available by Qatar, there are currently
    None for my return date despite them being for sale with a BA codeshare, said to call back in a couple
    Of days. Got a feeling I might need to fight for the return leg change.

kaiW90 16 posts

Just got off a call with BA executive club and they told me that I am unable to be rebooked onto Qatar or Finnair because I’ve used a companion voucher. Apologies if this has been addressed already, but is that true? I see that at least one person here has managed to get a rebooking onto Qatar even with a 2-4-1

Frankie 26 posts

Just got off a call with BA executive club and they told me that I am unable to be rebooked onto Qatar or Finnair because I’ve used a companion voucher. Apologies if this has been addressed already, but is that true? I see that at least one person here has managed to get a rebooking onto Qatar even with a 2-4-1

That’s not true. It doesn’t matter one jot. You are legally due a rerouting for your two seats. It’s really awful that agents tell customers this. Call back. Insist. You shouldn’t have to insist.

kaiW90 16 posts

Just got off another call with BA executive club and they told me that the policy has now been revoked and is currently being reviewed. I will try again at a later date. Frankie, thanks for the info!

mrcrsearle 99 posts

This route has been cancelled for about 3 months – but no emails went out to customers. I saw it & rang up & rebooked with Qatar airways. BA done the booking. December flights.

mrcrsearle 99 posts

Should of said two seats.. one was a companion seat.

kaiW90 16 posts

This route has been cancelled for about 3 months – but no emails went out to customers. I saw it & rang up & rebooked with Qatar airways. BA done the booking. December flights.

You had your flights rebooked 3 months ago?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.