Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Locked out of Qatar account?

• johnny 27 posts

Any thoughts on how to get my Qatar privilege account unlocked? It’s been “restricted” for months. I opened it to avail of an Avios offer and immediately linked to BAEC; while the link is visible from BA’s side, Qatar have me restricted. Tried calling their 0330 service number and was no told “no visible block” on customer service side, that she would made a referral to another team who “might” contact me “sometime”. That was 10 days ago? They have apparently disabled their email address also.

brucebruce 13 posts

I have the same problem, seems only live chat is available if you login which I can’t. Did you managed to get this resolved and if so how?

ns 41 posts

I’ve also been in this boat – for months now with no resolution. Have repeatedly called Qatar but the agent always says the same thing: don’t know why it’s restricted, will need to refer it to someone, someone will get in touch. But no one ever does.

I’ve heard anecdotally of others this has happened to (all seemingly after linking their BAEC accounts). One poster on this forum said their account unlocked automatically but mine never has! It’s very frustrating!

Soso 34 posts

Hello,

Have been in the same position as well for months now. Did anyone managed to get that sorted ? I have some a couple of rewards flights that I need to cancel but scared to do it if they never give me back access !

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.