Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Mauritius customs / immigration times – recent experience?

• Greg 18 posts

If anybody is in Mauritius now, can you let us know how long it takes to get through customs / health checks, given the number of passengers requiring PCR tests on arrival? Thank you

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Tracy100 16 posts

I’ve just returned. If you’re staying at an approved hotel you won’t be tested by until you get to the hotel. Only those staying in other accommodation are tested at the airport. We were off the plane and on our way to our accommodation in about 30 minutes including collecting our bags. Have a lovely time.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    pbcold 346 posts

Thank you – this is so useful to know. Did you have any issues beforehand or were you able to upload tests etc easily?

can 506 posts

I don’t think this topic should be in the daily chat category

supergraeme 128 posts

We went six weeks ago and sailed through – it was exactly as Tracy said.

We had no issues and were able to complete all the forms easy enough. The day 1/day 5 lateral flows were a tiny bit of a concern but they were fine and the hotel said they’d had no positive cases.

ambient 6 posts

Arrived in Mauritius last Thursday, as others said, 30 mins or less through the airport. Just make sure you have all your documentation to hand.

Testing will be done at every hotel you stay at on Day 0 and Day 5. Much stronger general mask mandate here, and you’ll be temperature checked at virtually every establishment you enter. Some ask for proof of the vaccination upon entry too – we’ve had no problems using our NHS Covid Pass.

All in all very easy. Enjoy your holiday.

idontfly 44 posts

Is the Holiday Inn by the airport covered by this ‘approved hotel’ list, any idea if the list is online? many thanks

Tracy100 16 posts

I stayed at the Intercontinental and they tested us on day 0 and day 5. They charged about £5 per test. I emailed them before I went to check costs for tests and what would happen if we tested positive. The requirement for a LFT before coming home was introduced whilst we were there and they arranged for our tests to be carried out at the hotel and we had the required written confirmation within 2 hours. The cost was about £20 each.

Greg 18 posts

Is the Holiday Inn by the airport covered by this ‘approved hotel’ list, any idea if the list is online?

I filled in my Mauritian locator form last night and there is a drop-down of all the relevant hotels. We are staying at an apartment so will need to test on arrival and self test later, but the list seemed exhaustive. I guess Holiday Inn will be among them, but the list is there.

If it is not listed, you need to tick “my hotel is not listed”

pbcold 346 posts

Thank you Tracy, this is extremely useful. How was the Intercontinental? I`m hoping to be there over New Year.

Tracy100 16 posts

I booked the Intercontinental as I had a mixture of credit card nights and points. It’s a nice hotel but a bit isolated for me – there is literally no where to walk so you’re very much a captive audience. With hindsight I would have split my stay across two hotels. We did explore the island with a driver and this was about £60 per day. If you like wildlife I recommend birdwatching in the Ebony Forest and the dolphins in Tamarin Bay.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    idontfly 44 posts

We are staying in a hotel for a few days when we first arrive, then a BnB on Day 5. Can we avoid airport PCR in this case? i.e. just do antigen with hotel on Day 0 and self test on Day 5? Does anyone know? Thanks.

pbcold 346 posts

Apologies for elementary question but is my proof of double jab and locator form barcode really ALL I need before flying to MRU? Thanks.

ambient 6 posts

Apologies for elementary question but is my proof of double jab and locator form barcode really ALL I need before flying to MRU? Thanks.

You need some kind of proof with you that your travel insurance will cover you for Covid medical expenses whilst in the country, in the unlikely event (of course) of that materialising.

pbcold 346 posts

That`s easily done – thanks so much for your reply.

Tracy100 16 posts

You also need a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours.

pbcold 346 posts

Thank you very much indeed Tracy. By the way, are you aware of any Spire or Ambassador benefits being extended to guests at the Intercontinental? Thanks again.

Tracy100 16 posts

Sorry about the delay in replying. I considered joining the Ambassador Programme but got an upgrade to a jacuzzi room in any event so I thought I’d save it for another time. They also gave me a 6pm late checkout so they treated us well. I’m Spire.

pbcold 346 posts

Many thanks Tracy.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.