Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Menzies strike at Heathrow in Feb 2022

• trueneutral 14 posts

I have just heard about strike action that is about to happen at Heathrow Airport during the February half term on a date I am due to depart. Wondering what is the best course of action to do in this case? I very much would like to go and am thinking of switching to a Gatwick departure instead.

https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-events/news/2022/january/british-airways-and-heathrow-airlines-facing-half-term-chaos-as-refuellers-and-ground-handlers-announce-strike-action/

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

Good luck finding a seat, yet alone an affordable seat, on an airline now for travel over half term. Bookings seems to have gone crazy, especially to ski resorts, as restrictions have been lifted.

Nothing stops you taking a BA FTV and paying cash for an easyJet etc flight though.

trueneutral 14 posts

Thanks Rob. From your long time traveling experience, how big of a deal is this strike? I don’t see it being covered widely apart from the daily mail.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

BA uses Menzies to tank its aircraft. On short haul this is manageable – just fill up at the other end – so likely to cause more problems on long haul. Not sure what they are doing to minimise the impact. Not clear if Swissport could pick up the slack.

trueneutral 14 posts

Thanks both for your responses. It will be LHR-BCN so hopefully not an issue. Will sit tight, show up at the airport with my ticket and hope for the best…

I imagine this is of interest to the wider HfP community who are travelling over half term!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.