Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards New Monese codes available 21/01/2022

• Reney 768 posts

Are any of these gift cards good for petrol?
    I think Sainsbury’s cannot be used at petrol stations, but is Morrison ok?

Morrisons should be ok, physical gift cards work and all they do is scan the bar code.

Reney 768 posts

400 & 200 sold out.
    I’m “not eligible” for 100 or 50…

you need to have the money in your account for you to be eligible.

toddy 113 posts

400 & 200 sold out.
    I’m “not eligible” for 100 or 50…

Thank you!

Amateur error from me…

dst87 264 posts

You need to have the full amount, or just something?

Aston100 1,383 posts

You need to have the full amount, or just something?

Enough to cover the cost of the gift card(s).
    As soon as an offer comes along, I quickly top the account up with sufficient funds to cover the cost of all the gift cards, and then use the promo codes to buy said gift cards.
    If I was unlucky enough to have missed some of the gift cards due to them selling out, I transfer the balance back out again, leaving a minimal amount (under a pound).

Aston100 1,383 posts

Wooo, another Captcha successfully completed without the (above) post getting lost.

Reney 768 posts

I caught on to this via HfP a little while back, and once it looked like it was frequent, and I was missing out, I also opened an account. Literally just use it for these discounted giftcards. Make a quick bank transfer as soon as notified (if not already enough in account left over from last time), and then buy as many as possible. This time missed the 400, but got the rest. Would definitely say worth it.

I am currently doing renovation, these are super helpful for purchases in Amazon, B&Q which can be purchased using Morrison gift cards. And I fill my car whilst I’m at the store. Just thinking I was running a bit low on my gift cards last night as I need to buy a water softener system…

Reney, have you had any trouble using these for Morrisons and then purchasing Amazon gift cards within the store?
    Was there a transaction limit? did staff need to get involved etc?
    I don’t have a Morissons near me, but am mindful of the expiry date rapidly approaching for some of my older Monese giftcards, so a one-off trip to a supermarket to convert to Amazon would be worthwhile.

The Amex Plat thread on Morrisons cashback reported some issues with availability of Amazon gift cards. Some stores took them off the shelf due to activation problems.

Someone reported it was fine again so I went last week as I was running low. I purchased 2* £100 fixed value cards with no problems at self checkout (using my phone and keys to make sure the basket recognised it so staff did not need to help).

I don’t think I have ever brought more than £400 in one go so I don’t know if there is a limit. You may recall in the summer (?) where a HFPer attracted a bit too much attention for buying too much.

I think the expiry is only to convert the monese card, so you can buy Morrisons with them then take several trip to Morrisons over time?

Reney 768 posts

Wooo, another Captcha successfully completed without the (above) post getting lost.

my lost post has finally turned up above!

Graham-Walsh 61 posts

Just went to redeem the £60 balance I had from the previous offer back in October. Guess they love people like me who forget about them and it expired 3 days ago 🙁 That will teach me.

All new ones sold out now.

SteveJ 978 posts

Just went to redeem the £60 balance I had from the previous offer back in October. Guess they love people like me who forget about them and it expired 3 days ago 🙁 That will teach me.

All new ones sold out now.

Graham, unfortunately (for you, fortunately for the rest) it is the people like you who keep these promos running. No idea how much of a loss leader this is for Monese, but they certainly would have factored in a will-forget-to-use percentage of people.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    AirMax 31 posts

I’ve got about £1700 worth of unused vouchers.
    I wonder if there is a risk beyond expiry date and the loss of better redemption options.

Farepak, Zeek..

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.