• Aston100 1,383 posts

– £50 gift card for £40: code SHOP50
    – £100 gift card for £80: code SHOP100
    – £200 gift card for £160: code SHOP200
    – £400 gift card for £320: code SHOP400

Aston100 1,383 posts

All were live and purchased at 12:35

Amy C 372 posts

Whooop! Just came here to post the same. Just scored my first one and it was a £400 💪🏻

SteveJ 979 posts

Aaaaand the 400s are gone! (Nabbed the rest though)

Aston100 1,383 posts

I see M&S have gone.
    For both new and old Monese gift cards.

MattB 261 posts

I see M&S have gone.
    For both new and old Monese gift cards.

You could probably buy Morrisons, then instore use them to buy M&S vouchers

strickers 651 posts

Don’t forget the 90 day limit to redeem them. Another £200 for me, continued 20% discount on my regular food shopping, £30 left on the one I bought last November.

dst87 264 posts

I’m pretty out of the loop… is this a recurring promotion Monese offer to cardholders? Is it worth having a card just for this? It seems unappealing otherwise, unless I’m missing something.

Aston100 1,383 posts

I’ve got about £1700 worth of unused vouchers.
    I wonder if there is a risk beyond expiry date and the loss of better redemption options.

MattB 261 posts

I’ve got about £1700 worth of unused vouchers.
    I wonder if there is a risk beyond expiry date and the loss of better redemption options.

You have 90 days to redeem credit to buy the vouchers, then whatever the usual expiry terms of the vouchers.

If you are using for shopping vouchers you cant really lose out. Saving up currys or JL for say a new TV is a bit different as you could miss out on a better price elsewhere. Other than that cant see much going wrong unless the store goes under in which case supermarkets always the safest bet.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Reney 768 posts

I’m pretty out of the loop… is this a recurring promotion Monese offer to cardholders? Is it worth having a card just for this? It seems unappealing otherwise, unless I’m missing something.

I say fairly regular. I closed my account in May 2021 because don’t want so many accounts. I think after missing two rounds of this promotion I decided to get my account back in Nov. And since then there has been 3 rounds of these promotions.

It was enough to bring me back.

Froggee 897 posts

I use JL ones for my Waitrose food shop.

elguiri 215 posts

I caught on to this via HfP a little while back, and once it looked like it was frequent, and I was missing out, I also opened an account. Literally just use it for these discounted giftcards. Make a quick bank transfer as soon as notified (if not already enough in account left over from last time), and then buy as many as possible. This time missed the 400, but got the rest. Would definitely say worth it.

dst87 264 posts

I say fairly regular. I closed my account in May 2021 because don’t want so many accounts. I think after missing two rounds of this promotion I decided to get my account back in Nov. And since then there has been 3 rounds of these promotions.

Interesting, thanks! I’m generally opposed to having loads of accounts, but this seems interesting. I understand there’s a referral system – fancy linking your invite here?

Reney 768 posts

Interesting, thanks! I’m generally opposed to having loads of accounts, but this seems interesting. I understand there’s a referral system – fancy linking your invite here?

I think I am allow to share since you asked: MANYU869

Thanks for using!

Rui N. 831 posts

I tried to get an account, joined during Black Friday when the referals were higher. They never opened my account, the app says they are “checking my details” and that hasn’t changed since day one.
    I’ve contacted them a couple of times over email, but no response.

Reney 768 posts

I caught on to this via HfP a little while back, and once it looked like it was frequent, and I was missing out, I also opened an account. Literally just use it for these discounted giftcards. Make a quick bank transfer as soon as notified (if not already enough in account left over from last time), and then buy as many as possible. This time missed the 400, but got the rest. Would definitely say worth it.

I am currently doing renovation, these are super helpful for purchases in Amazon, B&Q which can be purchased using Morrison gift cards. And I fill my car whilst I’m at the store. Just thinking I was running a bit low on my gift cards last night as I need to buy a water softener system…

Aston100 1,383 posts

I am currently doing renovation, these are super helpful for purchases in Amazon, B&Q which can be purchased using Morrison gift cards. And I fill my car whilst I’m at the store. Just thinking I was running a bit low on my gift cards last night as I need to buy a water softener system…

Reney, have you had any trouble using these for Morrisons and then purchasing Amazon gift cards within the store?
    Was there a transaction limit? did staff need to get involved etc?
    I don’t have a Morissons near me, but am mindful of the expiry date rapidly approaching for some of my older Monese giftcards, so a one-off trip to a supermarket to convert to Amazon would be worthwhile.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Oh wow, I got captcha’d when attempting to post the above, but somehow it went through successfully!

Aston100 1,383 posts

I usually have under a pound in my Monese account which I quickly top-up with a card or bank transfer (or both).
    I don’t use the account for anything other than these gift cards.
    The account costs me nothing.
    Monese haven’t bothered me about lack of usage at all.
    I don’t see any downsides.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Reney 768 posts

Oh wow, I got captcha’d when attempting to post the above, but somehow it went through successfully!

well they lost my long reply to you. The short version is I brought £100*2 amazon last weekend no problem. The amex plat amex offer thread reported some stores pulled the amazon gift cards due to activation issues.

I used self check out, and my phone and keys to make sure the scale registered the weight change. no staff got involved.

You only need to exchange the monese gift cards by 90 days so can change to morrison and then use those over time

laughingplace 28 posts

Nice and easy to top up Monese with Virgin card via bendy

APPL 23 posts

Are any of these gift cards good for petrol?
    I think Sainsbury’s cannot be used at petrol stations, but is Morrison ok?

Mick S 271 posts

Nice and easy to top up Monese with Virgin card via bendy

fronted on or off?

toddy 113 posts

400 & 200 sold out.
    I’m “not eligible” for 100 or 50…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.